27 and braced again, and they are off!!!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Drama Queen

#76 Post by Drama Queen »

Well in about 20 hours time the braces should be off! I dont think I have been this nervous about anything in my life, just a bit scared that my ortho will change his mind (ever the pessimist me!), I dont think he has any reason too, I am happy with how my teeth look now, I just hope he is as happy as he was when he said they could come off this month!

Don't think I am going to be able to sleep tonite with all the excitement and worry going on in my head!

Lau xx
Braced on 25 July 2006 Ceramic upper and lowers
Braces off on 3 April 2008

Drama Queen

#77 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Well after 20 and a bit months the braces are finally off. I just can't believe it, it feels so wierd and I cant stop smiling. I was in the ortho's chair for about an hour and a half. I have a bonded retainer top and bottom and I pick up my clear retainers next wednesday. The removal wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. He put the bonded retainers on first and then he broke off all the brackets and then removed my molar bands, they hurt the most, I thought he was going to rip my teeth off with them. Took the impressions for my clear retainers and it was over.

I am finding the bonded retainers really odd at the moment, and swear I have developed some kind of lisp when my tongue hits the top one when I talk, I am hoping that this will disappear once I get used to them and I will eventually forget that they are there. I bought the whitening kit from my ortho as well so when I get my clear retainers next week I can start the whitening process.

I can't believe that it is over. I started this journey 20 months ago and there has been tears and tantrums along the way. Though I am glad that i have gone through it but a lot happier that it is over. I just want to thank everyone here on archwired, everyone that has read my journey, written me posts etc cos it has been a great help, I honestly dont think that I could have got through it without you all. For all those people who are in braces, keep going cos it will be over soon and all those thinking of getting braces I say go for it, cos the moment you have them off deffo makes the years or months before so worth it.

I wil try and post some pixs if I can work out how to do it.

Lau xx

joney

#78 Post by joney »

Congratulations DQ, it must be wonderful, are you pleased with how your teeth look? Hope you enjoyed eating and brushing sans brace. Good luck with getting used to your bonded retainer and please post photos if you are able. You need to download them from somebody like photobucket, I think there are instructions posted somewhere here on archwired.

Enjoy your new smile.

Regards
Joney
2 Extractions 2nd November 2006
Brace On 10th November 2006
Top brace off 26 June 2008 (19 1/2 months)

Drama Queen

#79 Post by Drama Queen »

Hey,

Yeah I am really pleased with the way my teeth look now and I am still smiling. everytime I pass a mirror I have to look at them. still cant believe that it is over. People at work today keep saying that I look different today, but they cant work out what it is. I am feeling happy and positive so I am sure that is shining through at the moment.

I will have a read up about how to post photos at the weekend and have a go then.

Lau xx

*melissa*

#80 Post by *melissa* »

Yay, how exciting drama queen! :-)o :HugeGrin: :banana: :dance: Cant wait to see pics!

Drama Queen

#81 Post by Drama Queen »

Here are the pictures -

Before -

After -

I am really happy with the result. My open bite has been closed and all my teeth now touch. I am going to whiten them soon, have to wait for my clear retainers so i can start doing that with the bleach kit that I bought from my ortho, but I may wait a little while as my teeth are still a bit senstive and sore.

Lau xx

Bekah

#82 Post by Bekah »

Just a bit of advice about bleaching. My dentist told me that it was okay to sleep with the 16% on my teeth! Don't do it! Talk about pain! I was thinking of bleaching them again before I get my brackets but don't want to already be sensitive before they go on!!

Your teeth do look awefully pretty though! I hope mine look like that when I am done!!!!

Congrats on getting debraced!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Drama Queen

#83 Post by Drama Queen »

My ortho said that I could do the bleaching overnight, but that some people are sensitive to it and if that is the case just do it for a few hours a day. I think I will prob do that as I dont fancy waking up in pain again, I have had enough of that over the past 20 months!

I am sure yours will look fab once you are debraced.