Is it normal to feel that your is bite off?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bracefacegal

Is it normal to feel that your is bite off?

#1 Post by Bracefacegal »

It feels like my teeth are out of place of where I'm used to feeling them!
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)

catfish

#2 Post by catfish »

That happened to me, too. My teeth are gradually shifting, so they frequently feel different. For a while, they were so mismatched that I couldn't chew. I couldn't get my molars to touch in more than one tiny spot. But that passed after a couple of weeks, and I could chew again.

Weird, isn't it?
Click on WWW to see my braces story.

August 16, 2007 - Braced on top
January 3, 2008 - Braced on bottom

reversedgaze

#3 Post by reversedgaze »

I'm new to this but my dentist put some strange putty on my teeth so that I wouldn't bite down and pop off a bracket. Its really weird, but there are about two contact points, so I'm having fun finding new ways to eat (breaking off pieces of PB sandwiches) and new things to eat that don't require chewing...

good luck!

reversedgaze

#4 Post by reversedgaze »

No worries... tho I think I need to get a wee bit more build up, because my front teeth seem dangerously close to poking off my bottom brackets.

Bracefacegal

#5 Post by Bracefacegal »

reversedgaze wrote:I'm new to this but my dentist put some strange putty on my teeth so that I wouldn't bite down and pop off a bracket. Its really weird, but there are about two contact points, so I'm having fun finding new ways to eat (breaking off pieces of PB sandwiches) and new things to eat that don't require chewing...

good luck!
My ortho did the same thing....my composite is a blue color and he did it for the same reasons..so I wouldn't pop off a front bracket with my upper front teeth.

You do get used to it.

My teeth still feel funny around my mouth, like they are out of place, but I assume they are because they are shifting!
It's never too late to fix your smile! :)

EmBraceAble

#6 Post by EmBraceAble »

reversedgaze wrote:I'm new to this but my dentist put some strange putty on my teeth so that I wouldn't bite down and pop off a bracket. Its really weird, but there are about two contact points, so I'm having fun finding new ways to eat (breaking off pieces of PB sandwiches) and new things to eat that don't require chewing...

good luck!
It's okay to eat peanut butter & jelly sandwiches?? I wasn't sure and too afraid to try. What about Twix???

reversedgaze

#7 Post by reversedgaze »

EmBraceAble wrote:
It's okay to eat peanut butter & jelly sandwiches?? I wasn't sure and too afraid to try. What about Twix???
Oh Heck, I think I'm eating half to 3/4th of my "no list". You just might not be able to eat them the way you used to.

for a pb+j - if the bread is stiff, tear off bit of the sandwich and pop the piece in your mouth. Elsewise wonderbread, barely needs chewing. :-)

Twix? Sure. break off a piece and pop that in your mouth -suck the caramel and chocolate off, and chew the cookie.... I think hard caramels and taffy are things I still avoid tho. OR I'd eat them with a glass of tea, or hot coffee as the warm liquid keeps the caramel soft, and therefore rinses off youre brackets easier until you get to brush.