is this normal???

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

luckycindy

is this normal???

#1 Post by luckycindy »

i recently got braces last month and everything was fine but as my teeth started to move around my bite is getting worse and worse that i cant even bite anymore.

I got braces because I have top and bottom crowding and a crossbite.
i got 4 teeth extracted to fix my crowding but i am not sure how orthodontists fix crossbites. does anybody know?
I have one teeth on the top that is was totally behind my lower teeth.
It hurts when i bite and i am not sure how long it'll take for my teeth to shift over to make room for it to come out...
ahh... im paranoid is that normal?!?!?!

hal2me

#2 Post by hal2me »

Hi Luckycindy,

It is normal to have a worse bite with the braces on. I've had mine for three days and my back tooth is biting on a bracket, so I cannot close my teeth fully. The orthodontist said this is completely normal as your teeth shift. As againbrace stated, just hang in there. It will take time before you get a better bite.

Good luck on your journey!

kddblue

#3 Post by kddblue »

Hiya! Congrats on your braces! :D I had a crossbite as well (my lower canine stuck out in front of my upper teeth) and I was amazed at how quickly it straightened out (I don't think he used anything fancy to fix it, either...no elastics or anything, just a wire)! There will probably be a few times during the course of your treatment where your bite will feel pretty "off" but that's to be expected and is perfectly normal. :)

Haha, I was paranoid at first too. My ortho didn't put a bracket on one of my teeth in the beginning because it was too crooked, and it kinda got "pushed" back as my other teeth straightened out, so I called him and he said it was "normal for this stage of the game." So after that I just relaxed, as Ken put it, and let my ortho drive. :) Good luck on your journey, and I'm sure your bite will improve soon!