Unexpected top brace!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Airchie

Unexpected top brace!

#1 Post by Airchie »

I had my first treatment appointment today and went in to the 30 minute appointment expecting spacers or some other prep-work.

Nope! Top brace is now on :D No spacers, no bands on the molars.

45 minutes later I was sitting chatting to the assistant about looking after everything.

I have the Clarity SL clear brackets on top (lowers go on in around 12 weeks after the top teeth have moved to create some space) and it looks far better than I thought it would.

No pain at the moment (well, it's only been 5hrs I guess) but it does feel a little odd - more "tight" than anything else. My teeth all feel oddly "connected together" too - almost like biting on one tooth can be felt in all the others.

The inside of my cheeks are ok at the moment too - I think the last two brackets at the back are going to irritate though.

But, all in all a good day! I seem to have a spring in my step and I'm actually really happy that the treatment just got going - 40 with braces, how modern ;D

kilikena311

#2 Post by kilikena311 »

Make sure you wax up those brackets that you think will bother you tonight before you go to bed. That saved me a lot of unneeded pain until my cheeks got used to the brackets.

Airchie

#3 Post by Airchie »

Thanks!

I'll do that - I got some wax in the pack from the Orthodontist.

Airchie

#4 Post by Airchie »

What an odd experience!

I just ate dinner for the first time following my top braces being put on and it is truly strange!

I was very aware that I couldn't really bite down and it took a while to be comfortable chewing.

But cauliflower cheese and sausages wrapped in Parma ham (wonderful combo) never tasted so good.....or took so long to eat :D

Breakfast tomorrow should be good though - time to start eating my favourite, porridge. mmmmm

Still no soreness yet, I keep waiting for it to kick in, but if anything the tightness from earlier today has eased a little. The only other thing I've noticed is than my lips are drier than normal and I'm no longer biting them - because I keep catching the edge of a bracket when I do.