FINALLY...

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SNAGGLEbeGONE

FINALLY...

#1 Post by SNAGGLEbeGONE »

HELLO EVERYONE.
SO I'M NEW TO ARCHWIRED. NOT TOO NEW. I JUST HAVEN'T REALLY POSTED BECAUSE I FELT LIKE MY BRACE DAY WAS WAY TOO FAR FOR ANYONE ELSE TO SHARE THE EXCITEMENT WITH ME. BUT NOW IT'S ONLY 20 DAYS UNTIL IT HAPPENS. AND I CAN'T EXPRESS HOW EXCITED I AM.

I JUST RECENTLY TURNED 21, AND I THINK I'M MORE EXCITED TO FINALLY GET BRACES THAN I WAS TO TURN 21. WHAT A DORK AM I. I GUESS YOU COULD SAY THAT MY SMILE REALLY BOTHERS ME. EVERYONE ELSE THINKS MY TEETH ARE FINE. BUT I HATE MY SMILE.

ANYWAYS. SO THE PLAN IS AN EXTRACTION TOMORROW. 4.49
SPACERS ON 5.13
AND BRACES ON 5.18!!!!

I LOOVE TO EAT. SO I'M THINKING I REALLY NEED TO STUFF MY FACE.
EVERYONE IS MAKING ME SO WORRIED. "YOU KNOW, YOU CAN'T EAT THAT WHEN YOU GET YOUR BRACES ON"

I'LL POST PICTURES SOON. I MOSTLY DO THIS AT WORK, SO I'LL HAVE TO FIND TIME WHEN I'M AT HOME TO ACTUALLY GET ON HERE AND QUIT BEING LAZY. =]

IF YOU'VE READ THIS FAR, THANKS FOR READING.

QUESTION; ARE SPACERS THAT PAINFUL?!
QUESTION2; CAN I EAT NORMAL FOOD THE DAY I GET AN EXTRACTION?
QUESTION3; MY TEETH AREN'T VERY WHITE, AND THEY AREN'T VERY YELLOW... WOULD LAVENDER FOR MY FIRST COLOR BE A BAD CHOICE?.. IT WON'T LOOK BAD NEXT TO MY NON-WHITE TEETH WILL THEY?!

HAHA. OK. THANKS.
SNAGGLEBEGONE. =]

staceyr2

#2 Post by staceyr2 »

First of all: Congratulations on your up coming brace day!! Second: {politely} if you use all caps when you type, it's supposed to mean you are yelling, just so you know. :oops:
To answer questions:
I hate the spacers, had to get them in several different times for bands or changing out of appliances. Make sure you have all of them accounted for, I had one left in (ortho assistant thought it fell out) and it buried itself in my gums, many months later it worked its way back to the surface causing an ulcer and was extremely painful. :cry:
#2, You should eat what the dentist says you can when you have an extraction, usually, nothing too hot/cold, no straws or sucking, nothing that will get in the hole and poke it, they should give you a list of do's & don'ts
#3 What kind of brackets are you getting? If you get self-ligating (as my ortho says, the kind with a little door), you don't get to pick a color, they aren't needed. Are you trying to be in-conspicuous? Personally, I like to be kinda loud, I think it draws attention away from what my teeth actually look like. I have metal on top and bottom, but I have self-ligating, however when I have to wear powerchains, I choose hot pink, so its real noticeable, but I have had the darker purple ones. (that may be a little bit because of that spacer issue too). I actually have to ask for a particular color, they seem to want to put in silver to match my braces. I just wish the elastics came in cool colors. If you are not wanting to show them off or make any kind of statement with your braces, I don't think I am any help. I have heard that green is kind of popular (it would hide any veggies that get stuck in there) :wink: . You can check some other posts, I have seen a few that talk about which ones are best for not staining, but I haven't paid too much attention really.

I need to post pictures too, I am like you, doing this at work. Bad me!
I wish I had found this site earlier when I first started into braces.
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)
wearing metal self-ligating on both