Popped a bracket

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Airchie

Popped a bracket

#1 Post by Airchie »

5 days in an my first little snag-ette.

I was sitting in the office today and felt a click followed by a change in the pressure on one tooth. Bracket had come away from a tooth. Strangely that tooth is now the only one that's slightly sore.

Back into the Ortho on Thursday to have it re-attached.

Ah well :D

Still, was looking in the mirror earlier and I swear there are tiny gaps around one particular tooth that weren't there before.

Every cloud :D

brainkneeak

#2 Post by brainkneeak »

Been in that same situation myself.

staceyr2

#3 Post by staceyr2 »

had it happen once (since the initial 9 in the first week, they weren't put on right) was one of my front top, was a pretty weird feeling. And I know exactly what you mean, it is like they have gotten used to the pressure, and when its gone, OWWEEEE. One peice of advice, if you have self-ligating, make sure the "door" is closed all the way before you leave the office. I made it out to the parking lot and it felt a little open, tried to shut it and it popped right back off :shock: , back to the office I went. It was kinda funny. :lol:
staceyr2
(braced after age 30)
wearing metal self-ligating on both