24 years old and finally getting braces.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lmlawrence

24 years old and finally getting braces.

#1 Post by lmlawrence »

Hello Everyone! :-1

I'm a 24 year old mother and wife. I've always needed braces (my teeth were very crowded) and had the opportunity to get them when I was a teenager but decided not to because I was too worried about people making fun of me. Now as an adult I'm finally had it with how my teeth look, and finally got them. Luckily I had someone to support me through it, my husband needed it as well so we both got it at the same time. I'll have to wear them for 18 months and a little over 24 months for him. I remember when I first got them on (May 11, 2009) I was worried about how people would think and react to them especially since I'm an adult with metal braces. Then to add to it I had to have 4 teeth extracted (May 27, 2009). I was so amazed that I actually had people supporting me and not making fun of me. So now its about 2 months since I've had my braces on and I've noticed some changes already =).

SweetT

#2 Post by SweetT »

hi welcome! Im newly braced as well! im 28 yrs old, a mother and a fiance. I thought I would be embarrassed smiling b/c Im too old to have braces but I <3 them! they r what I need to be a step closer to having perfect teeth. :o)
::Braces went on July 10,2009::

A smile of encouragement at the right moment may act like sunlight on a closed-up flower; it may be the turning point for a struggling life.

sarahlynn

#3 Post by sarahlynn »

That is so cool that you and your husband are going through braces at the same time! It's so nice to not only have a supportive spouse, but one who REALLY knows what you're going through!
Brace days:
uppers - June 11, 2009
lowers - August 27, 2009

My story - http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... highlight=

lmlawrence

Hello SweetT

#4 Post by lmlawrence »

I'm also starting to love my braces especially the part when I get to change the color on them. I feel like a kid in a candy store...

lmlawrence

Hello sarahlynn

#5 Post by lmlawrence »

It really nice having my husband go through this journey with me. And now my stepson will also be in braces next month. So now it's a family tradition. I'm sure when my daughter gets older she will also need them.

tamatha2002

#6 Post by tamatha2002 »

I'm a little jealous that you get to pick colors!
I was given those smartclip self-ligating braces, so I won't get to choose colors.

lmlawrence

Hello tamatha2002

#7 Post by lmlawrence »

I'm sorry to hear that. That's was the only exciting thing for me about having braces was getting to play with the differnt colors otherwise I think I would have just got bored with them.