24 and finally getting braces w/pics....

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

lmlawrence

24 and finally getting braces w/pics....

#1 Post by lmlawrence »

Hello Everyone! :-1

I'm a 24 year old mother and wife. I've always needed braces (my teeth were very crowded) and had the opportunity to get them when I was a teenager but decided not to because I was too worried about people making fun of me. Now as an adult I'm finally had it with how my teeth look, and finally got them. Luckily I had someone to support me through it, my husband needed it as well so we both got it at the same time. I'll have to wear them for 18 months and a little over 24 months for him. I remember when I first got them on (May 11, 2009) I was worried about how people would think and react to them especially since I'm an adult with metal braces. Then to add to it I had to have 4 teeth extracted (May 27, 2009). I was so amazed that I actually had people supporting me and not making fun of me. So now its about 2 months since I've had my braces on and I've noticed some changes already =).

This is the first day with braces

This is now 2 months with braces and with 4 teeth extractions

Lori

#2 Post by Lori »

lmlawrence,

I can definitely notice the changes in just two months - congratulations! I was recently told I may need 4 bicuspid extractions and I'm very worried about the pain afterwards. Did you have much pain after they were taken out?

Lori

xnicole

#3 Post by xnicole »

lmlawrence-- Wow, I can really see some movement in your bottom teeth especially. I bet your teeth will look amazing once the braces are finished (:

Lori-- I have had 12 teeth extracted, 4 of which being permanent bicuspids. In my opinion, they hurt a lot more to get taken out than to just get baby teeth extracted. My biggest issue with them was getting little bits of food stuck in the holes where the teeth were. Good luck (:
Yes, I look froward to my orthodontist appointments :D

lmlawrence

Hello Lori

#4 Post by lmlawrence »

Thank you for noticing =). I only had a little bit of pain the vicodin they gave me really helped too. The only part I didn't like was when the teeth were being pulled I didn't like the tugging part. Also I was a little freaked out when I had to sign this paper for consent that I understand that there was a possibility that my jaw may break although it never happened in there office before. After it was all done I was perfectly fine. Also after the teeth get pulled it was really annoying getting food stuck in the holes.

lmlawrence

Hello xnicole

#5 Post by lmlawrence »

Thank for also noticing the changes in my teeth. I sure hope my teeth turn out great it's the only thing that keeps me positive through this experience with having braces.