Braces on - day 7

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Biz

Braces on - day 7

#1 Post by Biz »

Hi,

Well after many years I have taken the big step and got my braces - I am 54 years old and felt I owe it to myself to get the smile I always wanted. I look forward to the days ahead and I will try and update my progress as foten as I can.

Must admit have suffered no pain what so ever to date and only one tiny bit of the braces as rubbed my gum - so all in all feeling pretty good about things.

Already forgetting they are there - however eating is a whole new venture to be explored!!

Regards Biz

yo

#2 Post by yo »

I think we got our braces at about the same time.

I got my uppers on last Monday and the lowers on today. I'm trying to go without wax until I just can't take it anymore, then I put it on to heal my cheeks. The cleats on the inside of the bands are bothersome as well. I wish they could take them off!

I also got a new wire on the uppers today, its the next step up in strength.

Good luck, looking forward to hearing about your progress.

htangle1976

#3 Post by htangle1976 »

Well, congrats on getting your braces. :dance: I got my top & bottom braces on January 29th & I must say "I totally agree with you on the subject of eating" I just don't enjoy it like I use to. Lol... Anyways, I wish you well through you new journey :wink: Take Care....

Biz

Hi

#4 Post by Biz »

Thanks to those who have replied.......... I have a clear brace on top and a metal one on lower teeth. Both put on the same day but each day it's getting better.

Thinking of keeping a diary so I can track changes and it will be nice that in a years time (expected brace time) I can look back at my progress.

Hope to pop in here from time to time as I find all the stories so good.

Biz

PS. made myself a ticker but can anyone tell me how to get the code off so it cant be seen as below?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wkNqkxj/]
Image :? 8)

Biz

Thanks

#5 Post by Biz »

Hi Ken,

Thanks for the advice - sure eating will sort itself out over the next few weeks - also the advice about the ticker - think I have now managed to get it into my signature - well here's hoping!!!

Look forward to seeing you around the boards too.

Biz

jambo532

congrats

#6 Post by jambo532 »

Yep it's well worth it. Seeing movement is amazing week 3 for me
www.allbraced.blogspot.com