New here! - I think Im posting in the right spot!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Vieve25

New here! - I think Im posting in the right spot!

#1 Post by Vieve25 »

Hello everyone!! I am new here (and not yet braced..thats coming at the end of the month...) I think I am posting in the right spot - so if im not can someone teach me how to navigate to the right forum? Thanks!
I am 25 and finally taking the plunge. I am married with a 16 month old daughter and we are financially stable enough to get my teeth fixed....AND IM FREAKING OUT because I have to have my top left baby canine extracted and the adult canine exposed. I am only getting braces on my top teeth. I have NO IDEA what to expect and I can NOT picture myself with braces. I will be getting the Inovation-C clear braces. anyone have pictures of what these are???

If anyone can share their stories with me about the extraction and exposure I would really appreciate it! as well as getting braces put on obviously! I will be getting the braces first and then the extraction and bracket for the adult canine to be brought down. YikeS! I cant believe it s February already... Ive been waiting forver to do this it feels like.....
-Jennie (Vieve25)

Diagnosis:
-Class II division II type malocclusion
-Severely deep overbite
-Upper Left Permanent Cuspid is Impacted
-Midline deviation

Treatment Plan:
-Full banded appliances
-Lower lingual arch
-Extraction of upper left deciduous cuspid
-Re-evaluate the need for extraction of upper left first bicuspid
-Exposure of the upper left permanent cuspid will be necessary

Estimated Treatment Time is 24 months

yo

#2 Post by yo »

The anticipation can really be the worst part. I had 4 extractions when I got braces the first time at 23. it wasn't so bad, your mouth heals quickly.

I don't have the same brackets you mentioned, but I do have clear instead of metal.

Vieve25

#3 Post by Vieve25 »

Thanks!! I appreciate the quick responses!!! :)

-Vieve25
-Jennie (Vieve25)

Diagnosis:
-Severely deep overbite
-Midline deviation

Treatment Plan:
-Full banded appliances
-Lower lingual arch

Vieve25

#4 Post by Vieve25 »

Well - I have switched orthodontists - still getting braced in a few weeks... My husband and I decided to go to a couple more conultations (even though I thought I wouldnt switced ortho's!) and I did! Instead of the Inovation C braces I will be getting Clarity ceramic on the top and metal on the bottom. I have been reading a lot about power chains/ ligatures/ elastics - I do not want my braces too look yellow so am I right to ask for the 'smoke' color - or is that something I dont have to worry about?? (still dont know the terminology very well!)

I will be getting the oral surgery still as well, obviously...but excited to get these bad boys on! haha!

Thanks in advance!
-Jennie (Vieve25)

Diagnosis:
-Severely deep overbite
-Midline deviation

Treatment Plan:
-Full banded appliances
-Lower lingual arch

jambo532

no stains for me

#5 Post by jambo532 »

I have the ceramic... tops and bottoms. I haven't had any stains 3 weeks in. I smoke (bad for me I know), drink dark pop, and have to have my coffee in the morning. I just drink through a straw and cover my lips with my teeth when I smoke. I also rinse after. I don't know it's been working ok for me.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com