Newbie new braces :)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rosie71

Newbie new braces :)

#1 Post by Rosie71 »

Hello everyone!
I've just had the first stage of my braces put on last Wednesday! Feels very strange but worth it in the long run :wink:

Rosie71

ana

#2 Post by ana »

Congratulations!
I just got mine last tuesday, so 1 day before you :)

Bekah

#3 Post by Bekah »

Congratulations on getting them on! They will be worth it in the long run!
2 Years 4 months 3 weeks and 4 days in full metal braces!

Click on "WWW" for my braces story!

Kinda Nervous

Congrats

#4 Post by Kinda Nervous »

After a while they will seem like your best friend... At least that is what
everyone says. or we try to tell each other.. Really just think if you didn't
get them , you would not be happy ........ Here's to hoping time pass quickly for you...... :lol: An Welcome to a wonderful board of freinds who
are always there for you........

BluelilJ

Hello

#5 Post by BluelilJ »

Hello everyone, I am 22 and tomorrow I will go to my first visit with the orthodontist. I have to admit that I am a little nervous since my general dentist told me that I would probably need to have 4 extractions in order to make room before getting my braces :shock: I hope I really don't..that's going to hurt!

Rosie71

#6 Post by Rosie71 »

Thanks guys ( Ana, Bekah and Kinda nervous!)

That's fantastic Ana re you had your braces on a day before me: how's it going?

How long have you Bekah till your braces come off? Cheers Kinda Nervous for your comments.

Apparently since 'Ugly Betty' thousands more adults have opted for fitted braces!

Hope your all having a great day :lol:

Donna

#7 Post by Donna »

Rosie71 wrote:Apparently since 'Ugly Betty' thousands more adults have opted for fitted braces!
Really? That's funny! I also heard that, because of the economy, more adults were rushing to get orthodontic treatment in case they lost their jobs and insurance coverage...(they must have great insurance because I don't know many adults who have orthodontic coverage...).

Anyway, welcome to the board!

ana

#8 Post by ana »

Rosie71 wrote:Thanks guys ( Ana, Bekah and Kinda nervous!)

That's fantastic Ana re you had your braces on a day before me: how's it going?
It's ok now. Thanks for asking.

Chewing was extremely hard the first 4 days, so I basically just had soup for every meal lol. I also had to use some wax on an annoying bracket on my left side for the first 2 days. But now everything's fine and I'm used to my braces.
I do feel that my mouth / lips are a lot dryer, though, but I guess that's something I can live with :)

jambo532

hey

#9 Post by jambo532 »

yeah no ortho coverage for me... I didn't do it for ugly betty either. I just wanted to feel better about myself (i'm a little vain haha)
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

Rosie71

Adjustments

#10 Post by Rosie71 »

Hiya,

Well 9 days to go until first adjustment, whoo hoo!
Getting used to the brace, though am experiencing a dry mouth more, like you Ana :?

Just wanted to point out: i didn't mean that i got braces coz of the programme 'Ugly Betty', i was making a statement regarding it. Sometimes i don't explain myself properly :wink:

Thanks for welcoming me onboard!!!

Rosie