Obsessed!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Steph in Sac

Obsessed!

#1 Post by Steph in Sac »

I got my braces on Feb 11 and I check for movement every day! It makes me laugh. Something has moved because I bump a bottom tooth with my top tooth--something that never happened pre-braces.

ashesgap

#2 Post by ashesgap »

Thats funny because i have a little while till i'm getting mine, and i'm trying to remember what all my teeth are doing now, so i'll know when something new happens because of movement. I imagine i'll be in the mirror for large portions of the day.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

ana

#3 Post by ana »

I'm obsessing too.
I got mine on February 9th and have a very visible extraction gap, which I can't wait to finally be gone, so I keep checking every hour to see if it's any smaller. As if watching my teeth will somehow make them move faster... :?
People do tell me the gap is smaller though, so they must be doing something :)

jambo532

me too

#4 Post by jambo532 »

I totally have oral ocd. It has gotten a little better because I have had mine a month now but I still think every little thing is movement. sometimes it is and sometimes I'm just being crazy.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com

frazali

#5 Post by frazali »

I can relate to this too!

It helps to take pictures every so often to track the movement. It's amazing when you document it like that.

sdilley

#6 Post by sdilley »

I didn't take pictures on day one, and have been trying to not analyze my teeth in the mirror every day. But, like you, I have some front teeth bumping into each other. One of the coolest things I have going on is that I can feel when one tooth or another moves out of the way and the one behind starts moving. I can feel the second tooth start moving. Weird, Huh

NikkiC87

#7 Post by NikkiC87 »

I can relate. I am taking a picture everyday and making a slide show of it so I can see the movement as it happens. I have been waiting FOREVER to get braces and I'm so anxious about it. I also an obsessed with the cleaning and maintenance of them. I think I might need a hobby. :D
4 molars removed: 2008-2010
TADs: May 19th
Top and Bottom: May 28 2010

cosmo

Re: me too

#8 Post by cosmo »

jambo532 wrote:I totally have oral ocd. It has gotten a little better because I have had mine a month now but I still think every little thing is movement. sometimes it is and sometimes I'm just being crazy.
www.allbraced.blogspot.com
I've read your blog and I love it. Our canine are the same and i haven't noticed it go down your moved down so quick what's wrong with mine and when did you notice that baby was coming down?

My Brace Story:
http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
1st Adjustment: 6/12/10-wire .014, top n bottom

follow my blog @ http://www.honneyinthesun.com

Theresa48

#9 Post by Theresa48 »

I see you are in Sac----me too!

Obsessed doesn't even cover how much I am into my whole brace issue...my poor friends...I have really tried to not talk about them, but if someone asks, it's all over, I'm like "blah blah blah braces blah blah blah..."

They stopped asking about them.

KimC

#10 Post by KimC »

I just finished my 2nd treatment in March. I am so obsessed watching my unbraced teeth to mkae sure they don't plan on shifting on me. so far they still look fine, but I don't want braces a 3rd time.

Lakester

#11 Post by Lakester »

Count me in on the braces obsession -- I check constantly too!

I have noticed gaps around my incisors that are jammed behind my front teeth. I take this as a good sign that they are preparing to move (rotate) around to where they belong. Other than that I'm just wearing a groove in the floor in front of my bathroom mirror...

I'm sure my friends really don't want to hear any more about my braces for a while -- I'm glad I have you guys to talk to!

ralphylad

#12 Post by ralphylad »

I am glad this post is here, all I have done since last Tuesday is talk brace, I can see my work colleagues thinking "why is he talking about braces again" anyway I am checking at every mirror hoping to see some movement I am not concerned about most of them which are flaring but my two front teeth overlap very slightly and I really want these to start straightening out that way would stop me checking as much I think! I just wanted to check does anyone have any rough ideas how long it would roughly take for these teeth too strighten out?