I hate spacers

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ashes90

Re: I hate spacers

#16 Post by Ashes90 »

suzyscientist wrote:I'm hoping that the rumours are true and that spacers are the most annoying part of orthodontics!
In my personal experience, the palate expander has been the worst (and most annoying!) part of the braces. But I hope you don't have them in for too long! :P
but there's a chance I'll need my upper jaw expanded too, it depends how well the braces work.
Oh, you just wait! That's one big ball of fun every single day you have the expander. :wink:
Anyway I'll stop rambling on now. Nice to meet everyone :)
Nice to meet you, too! :D

DrBlur

#17 Post by DrBlur »

I just got spacers today and I am getting an expander in a week or so after I get my braces....glad to see I have some good times ahead! :shock:
32 years old, total time in braces=30 months

-Braces and palate expander on 4/15/10
-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12

suzyscientist

#18 Post by suzyscientist »

Awesome, that's the first step!! :)

How do you feel with the spacers in? Are they bugging you yet? Hope it's not too annoying!

I won't know for another 6 months whether I need an expander, ortho wants to see how well the braces work first.

The things we do for good teeth and good jaw... *sigh*

DrBlur

#19 Post by DrBlur »

The spacers actually don't hurt (yet) although biting down feels funny. They're really more annoying than anything, I just want to pick them out with some floss! But if I don't think about them, they don't hurt at all so far (however, it's only been 4 hours...I'll give it some time!)
32 years old, total time in braces=30 months

-Braces and palate expander on 4/15/10
-RPE Surgery 9/15/10
-Expander removed 3/11
-Braces Removed 9/7/12
-Retainers in 9/7/12