20 Year Old Metal Mouth

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Ashes90

20 Year Old Metal Mouth

#1 Post by Ashes90 »

It's pretty awesome what you can find on Google when you type in "adults with braces". Definitely happy I found this site! :D

I went in for my first ortho consultation when I was seven years old and thirteen years later... I finally got the darn things! I've had my braces since 25 February 2010 and I was told I had to keep them on for 28 months (it's now been three weeks). So, around June of 2012 they will be off; I will be well into my 22nd year in this life. Which is great, I guess, since the world is supposed to end in December of 2012. (Not likely...) So I get to enjoy my straight teeth for a few months. XD

Anyway, I really wish I could show you guys my teeth/braces but my computer isn't very nice and won't accept my memory card. In any case, I hope to become quite good friends with you all! Thanks for reading! :D

Smile4Kiki

#2 Post by Smile4Kiki »

hi! Im also 20 and just got braced this past wednesday for the first time. How has your experience been so far?

Ashes90

#3 Post by Ashes90 »

For me, the initial application of the braces was easy-peezy. My first tightening (which occurred 1 April 2010) was completely horrible. And I just got my second tightening today (small story to that) and let me tell, I didn't like that one at all, either. Sorry if I'm totally scaring you right now but that's been my personal experience. Also, I really can not wait until this palate expander comes out (I had a narrow upper jaw... not anymore). I was under the impression that it was going to come out 1 April 2010... yeah, 1 April 2010 was the day they told me to stop turning the key. Basically, I have this thing until the end of October, haha. So much fun.

I'm being very cynical and I'm sorry; I just got a tightening today, so my mouth is still kind of in pain. :?

Colorado87

#4 Post by Colorado87 »

I only have 4 brackets on top right now. I get the rest of my brackets put on early in May. It's my first tightening!! Your post didn't scare me, but yeah I totally understand what you mean. It's not pleasant. The worst part is the dentist yanking and pulling around and pushing in on your teeth- that's such a weird feeling and it hurts.

What kind of brackets do you have? I have triangle brackets with rubber bands.