New Braces (37)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gcvi8gt

New Braces (37)

#1 Post by gcvi8gt »

I am 37 y/o and I got my braces put on 4/29. I am told that I will have to wear them for up to 33 months. I hope that I can make it through. I have had a deep overbite and spaces in my front teeth since I was in 3rd grade. I had trauma to my teeth due to a piggyback relay race that ended with me on the ground and my 2 front teeth lost on the playground. I decided that it was time for me to make a change. I want to celebrate my 40th birthday with straight teeth. I can't wait.

I have this nance appliance stuck on the roof of my mouth and it is miserable. Does anyone else have this appliance? Can you tell me how long it will take me to get used to this and how long you had to wear it? My ortho said I would need it for 2-3 months. If it is going to feel like I have a piece of gum stuck on the roof of my mouth that I can't remove, I don't know how I can survive for the next 2-3 months.

But, I have to look at the end of the road. I am praying for a set of straight teeth. I can't remember ever having straight teeth. If this all works out the way that I am hoping I will have the biggest 40th birthday party.

Snowglobe32

#2 Post by Snowglobe32 »

Congratulations! The time will fly by quickly and when you start seeing changes, you will be so happy!

I don't have any appliances so someone else can answer those questions for you.

Enjoy the journey!

gcvi8gt

Thanks

#3 Post by gcvi8gt »

Thanks so much. I appreciate the support. I hope that time does fly by. I will keep posting my progress.

Backstreets

#4 Post by Backstreets »

congrats and welcome! I am approaching my 2 month anniversary, and it gets easier with time....