36, choosing Damon 3, no jaw surgery! (Crowding and Overjet)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

leannaaker

36, choosing Damon 3, no jaw surgery! (Crowding and Overjet)

#1 Post by leannaaker »

So, after a whirlwind couple of days of making decisions, I am going to get the damon 3 brackets to correct severe crowding and an overjet.

I originally went in wanting invisalign, and decided against it due to my lifestyle which I'm selfishly not willing to change: nursing coffee along in the morning, etc.

I was told I would need lower jaw surgery to correct my bite (lower jaw did not grow enough), but after some wavering and research, I've decided against that, too.

I've seen lots of cases like mine online which have achieved great results with the Damon 3 braces, though my orthodontist says she will be unable to fix my overjet with braces alone. I'm just thinking that it is bound to be better than it is now!!! I don't see how my overjet won't be reduced with the Damon 3's.

Anyone else have my experience and end up happy with your results to just go braces?

Smiles77

#2 Post by Smiles77 »

I too have an overbite and was told that I would need surgery, but also decided against it. I don't think it is so bad that it is worth the surgery, and they have been able to pull my upper teeth back some while keeping my lower teeth in place by moving the molars forward. The elastics have also helped with my bite a lot.

My lower front teeth also need to be pushed down into my jaw, which they say may not happen because of my small lower jaw, so I don't see how surgery would really work for me anyways. I still have until probably the end of the year before my braces come off, but I think I will be happy with my decision to not have the surgery.