help needed please?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

toffeebraces1878

help needed please?

#1 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Hi everyone, hope you're all having a nice day.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advise please?

I have a sore gum at the top of the two upper teeth. I have never had any issues before with it, but since my two front teeth have now aligned slightly and are now touching (with no slight gap as before) It is quite sore and red. I have been brushing regularly, but I am unsure of whether I am struggling to reach this area with the tooth brush! Or if I am brushing too hard.

I am a paranoid person, and I am having my adjustment today and am worrying like mad that my ortho will want to take the braces off as he thinks I'm not taking care of them.

I may be over reacting but Its just very important to me.

Thanks

Amy :) x x x

SilverGirl

#2 Post by SilverGirl »

Hmmm . . . I don't know - maybe pop in to see your dentist? I have noticed that since a couple teeth have moved I have these sort of "caves" in my gums at the top of those teeth (I guess my teeth have moved down a little leaving that space). I just noticed them today, and they are a little tender when I use the waterpik. Could that be part of your issue - maybe it's newly exposed gum and you need to just be easy on it when you brush?

sadpanda

#3 Post by sadpanda »

It sounds like you may be brushing too hard, but obviously, I don't really know.

I don't think your ortho will think you weren't taking care of your teeth and will take your braces off. If you consistently disregarded the ortho's instructions many times and disappointed the ortho during consecutive adjustments, then you might be considered noncompliant, but it doesn't sound like you're irresponsible. I'm sure you'll have your braces on until they really need to be taken off. :)

toffeebraces1878

#4 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies, he said there was nothing to worry about and my teeth look good, woohoo!

I have a newly fitted spring yay! He said in my next 2 visits that there should be then enough room to attach my tooth that is way back and to bring it forward!

I cried with joy all the way home haha :P

Thanks for helping x x x x x x

Amy :P