Anyone else developed a habit of pressing on their teeth?!?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SilverGirl

Anyone else developed a habit of pressing on their teeth?!?

#1 Post by SilverGirl »

I have this constant urge to press on my teeth - especially the sore ones. It's like I think I'm going to help the archwire along, LOL!

It's turning into a habit, and I keep catching myself doing it in public. I need to stop, because a) it's really unattractive, and b) I think I'm going to pick up germs with my hands in my mouth all the time!

Just curious if anyone else does this.

catgyrl

#2 Post by catgyrl »

Most definitely. I do it all the time. Wanna know what else I do? I stick my fingernail in between gaps to see how far up I can get the nail, and to see if the tooth moves any. Very bad, I know... As good as my other oral hygiene is now... This is not helping matters, but I just cannot stop. :( But at least I don't do it in front of people.

You are not alone... Haha

-Cathy

P.S. To Dr's Rick and Tam: You can just skip over this thread. LOL!

ashesgap

#3 Post by ashesgap »

When i first had my braces put on if i jutted my jaw forward i could feel the wire pulling on my teeth. So of course i did it alllll the time. Then when i had a power chain rotating a tooth i tapped it all the time, even though it really hurt.
I find myself doing stuff without realizing.
29 years old
2-18-10 baby canine pulled
3-15-10 got braces
12-22-11 Moving-SO EXCITED!!
1-2-12 Meet new Ortho
1-5-12 Begin finishing treatment
3-5-12 Canine Implants...dun dun dunnnnn
4-9-12 Deband!
I had braces for Two Years and TwentyFive Days

NervousNewbie

#4 Post by NervousNewbie »

I don't with my fingers but I'm constantly sticking my tongue in between my gaps and pushing my teeth back and forth with my tongue to make them click.

Braced September 23, 2010
Debraced February 20, 2014
Estimated Treatment Time: 24 months
Actual Treatment Time: 41 months

My Journey

toffeebraces1878

#5 Post by toffeebraces1878 »

I have a weird habit of moving the spring in my mouth with my tongue. I can feel it springing but I love the feel haha!! :D

hypocrite opportunist

#6 Post by hypocrite opportunist »

One of my upper incisors is hitting my lower bracket and has become sore...I find my self pushing up on that tooth all the time! I don't know why I keep doing it b/c it really doesn't feel pleasant, but I have the strange urge to always press on it.
Female, Age 31

[/url]

[/url]

sadpanda

#7 Post by sadpanda »

Hi -

I like looking at my braces in the mirror and finding changes, but I've actually never had the urge to press on my teeth with my fingers. I'm more worried about getting food stuck everywhere. :?

SilverGirl

#8 Post by SilverGirl »

Glad to know I'm not the only one! There's one canine that is sore that I like to push on, and one tooth that is being rotated with a powerchain that I constantly press on. It drives me crazy!

rhomboid

#9 Post by rhomboid »

It's a human sickness we all do it at least a little bit, but do try to refrain.

poppy123

#10 Post by poppy123 »

NervousNewbie wrote:I don't with my fingers but I'm constantly sticking my tongue in between my gaps and pushing my teeth back and forth with my tongue to make them click.
i do this too, make em click!! lol

haywire

#11 Post by haywire »

i had this habit even before getting braces, for many years :?
MY STORY
Braces on 23/07/2009
Braces off 10/12/2010

part time essix hater.

Jay04

#12 Post by Jay04 »

I keep pressing on one tooth. It's really annoying me as it's the only reason my back teeth no longer meet. When I close my mouth, I clench my teeth together as it seems to move slightly even though it's really sore....or at least I did mess with it until I heard this awful crack! It terrified me :shock: I wish he'd just move already! I have some sorta OCD about poking things that are sore haha
Braces Removed - 14th July, 11
My Braces Story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35442

Noodle1

#13 Post by Noodle1 »

Haha I love this post, i do it all the time it's terrible but i can't help it. Pushing with my tongue and pressing them with my fingers too! It's like I think that i'm speeding up the process!
Braced for 19 months 2 weeks and 2 days.

Trixie

#14 Post by Trixie »

Oh I keep doing this too - I've got linguals on the top & my tongue is getting a bit sore because I keep trying to help the process along - and just how many times do I look in the mirror to see if anything's changed !!!!

:D

Oh, off the topic - how do you get those fancy sort of time lines?? All I can find are the smiley faces - thanks.

Kittykins

#15 Post by Kittykins »

:o Thank god I'm not the only one, only just got mine on recently (when I mean recently I mean only got braced on Tuesday). But instead of using my fingers I now walk around with my tounge inbetween my teeth coz geez doesn't it feel so much less painful