Consult one day. Braces the next!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

llbill

Consult one day. Braces the next!!!

#1 Post by llbill »

I am 28. I went to the orthodontist Tuesday for a consultation just to see what he thought of my teeth. I had the full workup. He suggested braces too and bottom. I needed to talk with my husband about it. He was so supportive. He, too, had braces when he was younger and is being such a huge support. They scheduled me to have them put on next Tuesday. I have three kids and finding a babysitter isn't easy. No one was available next week. I called my ortho and they said "how about tomorrow?" I was perplexed. It worked out that my mother could come and help. Less than 24 hours after my initial consultaion I have a full set of braces. Ceramic on top and metal on bottom. I didn't een get a chance to let it sink in!! Lol. I wouldn't have wanted it any other way though. My daughter has braces too and we are bonded now. It's awesome. They are hurting bad right now but after reading this site I know alot more than ever.

NurseJ

Re: Consult one day. Braces the next!!!

#2 Post by NurseJ »

Wow, that was fast! I wish it had been that way for me, I've had to wait 3 weeks! I'm getting my uppers on Monday. I agree with you, this site is full of great advice, so glad i found it.
Good luck, and I hope to read about your progress!
How are you finding eating? I'm worried about that part.

Ellebraced

#3 Post by Ellebraced »

DO IT!!!

If you are confident with your Ortho, do it, the anxiety is the worst part of waiting.

Good Luck

Elle

34 years old, 2nd timer, Original sentence 2.5 years - Updated to about 20 months
Braced December 16th , 2010
Debrace Date August 22, 2012

My story http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=37941

sjeanine

#4 Post by sjeanine »

Mine was the same way and I'm glad it was...I may have backed out otherwise! lol Glad I have them now. :)

54 years old when braced...Dec 27, 2010
Ceramics on top and bottom teeth with metal behind canines
two teeth were pulled (top, behind canines)

Marigold

#5 Post by Marigold »

I've always believed that when things fall easily into place, it's meant to be. Good luck! :)
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

noveldevice

#6 Post by noveldevice »

Wow, that's amazing. I had my first consult in August and my braces didn't go on until December 9th. Just had my second adjustment on Thursday. Two months down, 22 to go... It can't happen fast enough.

bp88

#7 Post by bp88 »

That's crazy! I had to wait years to get mine after my initial consultation (nhs waiting list) good luck with your journey, it's so worth it!

hazybubbles

#8 Post by hazybubbles »

Wow I wish mine had been that quick! Had a consultation in December, more xrays in January then finally got them on Friday.

themusicmaker

#9 Post by themusicmaker »

Ditto! I wish I could have gotten them THE next day. Waiting is the hardest part for me! I actually tried to do that my orth was ready but I'm also working with NM dentist so I thought I should confer with him first.
:flowerbloom: