Questions to ask ortho at 2nd consult.

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

fangsbegone

Questions to ask ortho at 2nd consult.

#1 Post by fangsbegone »

Hey everyone,

Just started on the journey to braces (had impressions xrays ect taken on the 31st) I have my second consult. on the 21st (can't wait :o )

Does anyone have any suggestions for questions to ask my ortho about treatment - questions that you yourself always wanted to ask but kept forgetting ?
I have a good idea but I keep thinking i'll forget something :lol:

-fangsbegone

Gill

Re: Questions to ask ortho at 2nd consult.

#2 Post by Gill »

Here were some of the questions I had (still didn't manage to ask them all!) 2nd consult was in December, just had braces fitted today.
Am I too old? (i knew the answer but had to ask anyway!)
What if you have another dental problem while the braces are fitted?
How do they fix to teeth with fillings?
Any problems with drinking alcohol?
How do you cope with wobbly teeth when they're on the move due to braces? Can you eat normally?
Do you have to cut sugar out of your diet or just avoid really sugary stuff?

Of course, all of these questions can probably be answered on this message board, but at the time i didn't know it existed. Really pleased to have found it, I'm feeling a bit nervous on day 1

noveldevice

#3 Post by noveldevice »

Alcohol is an excellent thing when you're an adult with braces. It helps a lot with the pain. :)

Gill

#4 Post by Gill »

I'm so pleased I can carry on drinking, but I'll have to find an alternative tipple to vodka and coke!