Hi everyone!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

maipinkheart

Hi everyone!

#1 Post by maipinkheart »

Newbie here~~

My name is Mai and I'm 25 years old.
I've FINALLY started the long awaited journey to being happy when I smile.
I've had x-rays, molding, and consultations done. So far, I've been told it is going to take me $4,000+, a palate expander, 4 extractions, removal of an impacted wisdom tooth, and 32 visits over 4-6 weeks period until I get my Hollywood smile.

Last week I had spacers put in and I'm about to go crazy 'cus they are bugging me so much >_<
I get them removed next Saturday and can't wait to move forward.

The end results are the only thing getting me through this right now T_T

Marigold

Re: Hi everyone!

#2 Post by Marigold »

I lucked out with the spacers. My teeth were SOOO tight that they couldn't get them in. They had to do brackets instead. So I can't commiserate with you on that part, but I heard they are very uncomfortable. In fact, my ortho said they were the worst part of getting braces. (Well, I think that turbo bites are the worst, but that's another story). Hang in there!
Class II moderately deep overbite, mild crowding.
Braced on January 19, 2011. Debraced on December 16, 2013.
2 years, 11 months in braces.

revelvia

#3 Post by revelvia »

Welcome, Mai :)

Eech, you're making me worried about the spacers haha! I haven't got mine yet but I've been given the date. No idea what they even are but I hope they feel better for you soon (and for me :D)
[/url]

maipinkheart

#4 Post by maipinkheart »

Thanks guys.

I'm so ready to take these spacers out NOW >_<
My ortho said they might fall out by themselves . . .
Mine show no signs of falling out at all T_T

I can't wait 'til Saturday to get them out :P

ladyksilver

#5 Post by ladyksilver »

Welcome maipinkheart! I get spacers tomorrow and I get braced May 3rd! I'm hoping and praying I won't experience much discomfort. I'm hoping my high pain tolerance will kick in! Good luck and your journey and this site is a great help and comfort!

noveldevice

#6 Post by noveldevice »

@maipinkheart one of my spacers fell out by itself; the rest had to be yanked. I had two rounds of them because my teeth were so tight, and it was miserable. It will be so great when they're gone, though. The molar bands settle down pretty quickly, in my experience. Painwise, at any rate. :)

Good luck!

maipinkheart

#7 Post by maipinkheart »

So its been a very long time since I've updated :P

Anyway, I've learned a lot about orthodontics, teeth, and myself during the past 1.5+ years since I've been braced and the following are my top 10 reflections:
1. I LOVE my orthodontist! He is extremely talented and patient and always plays good music when I'm in the chair :P I even added him on Facebook, haha.
2. I had uppers on first for a few months, then lowers.
3. My ortho said my teeth moved so much, I didn't need the palate expander! I was SO happy to hear that news ^_^
4. Besides an impacted wisdom tooth, I had four other teeth taken out last Thanksgiving and its taking FOREVER for the gaps to close and they are still there after more than a year.
5. After extractions, my ortho FINALLY started work on moving my trouble tooth. It was the WORST pain EVER because I spent about 3 hours in the chair and actually CRIED, it hurt so bad >_<
6. But I saw changes within a week and the trouble tooth was in its correct place less than 2 months later. I still can't believe that I could have saved myself the past 15+yrs of low self-esteem, terrible pictures, and family criticism if I had gotten braces as a kid >_<
7. My ortho is VERY VERY OCD on my bite. He's a perfectionist. But the end result is worth it.
8. Wearing elastics suck and I've been wearing them for more than a year. Sigh. I've gone from 6mm to 4mm and now I'm wearing 4mm and 3mm ones.
9. I'm more than 1/2 way done with treatment, only another 1.5~years to go yay!
10. Now, I go every 4 weeks for visits and have another one on the 21st.

I can't wait to get my Hollywood smile :D

maipinkheart

#8 Post by maipinkheart »

Ok pictures!
Yay!

Before treatment, uppers/lowers

Right after uppers were put on, sorry for terrible quality -_-;; But can you spot the trouble maker? :P

And right after last month's adjustment :D

JEK

#9 Post by JEK »

You are making beautiful progress

maipinkheart

#10 Post by maipinkheart »

Thanks everyone for the compliments. :D
My problems where severe crowding in very small arches with not just a bad bite but also a tooth totally behind other teeth :x

NICURN85

#11 Post by NICURN85 »

Great progress!! I know you must be thrilled.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578