Hello! intro

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

liluadc

Hello! intro

#1 Post by liluadc »

Hi Everyone,

Here's where I'm at. Went to check out invisalign but my dentist says I'm not a candidate, because I have a overbite and he needs to open my bite. So only traditional braces for me. I'm fine with that. I've taken the x-ray, gotten the photo's done, gotten the molds done. Sat down for the consult of what he will need to do, and have my appointment Monday to get my braces put on. I'm 42.

Back story: I grind my teeth though more when I was younger, then now. Now my bottom teeth hit the back of my top teeth wearing away the enamel on both. My bottom teeth are ground down at an angle. I also have a few missing molars and started the process of implants. Bone grafts done one post in. But we stopped to correct the alignment of my teeth and bite, with braces before continuing. My decision is to line up my teeth with my gum line. So my teeth won't be crooked but I won't have that pretty even line with tips of my teeth because of grinding (some) of them down more then others. filing them more would not be an option one of my bottom teeth would become a short stub. After the braces are off I go into finishing the implants and prettying them up (most likely some veneers) and a second retainer when that is all done.

My husband and I joke that I'm buying a car for my mouth. ($)

LiLU

Sandpiper

Re: Hello! intro

#2 Post by Sandpiper »

Hi Lilu,

Welcome to the club!! I know what you mean re a car for your mouth....it's a lot of cash!! But the results will last much, much longer. Good luck with your journey, and I look forward to following your progress!
471 days in braces

[/url]

Sandpiper

Re: Hello! intro

#3 Post by Sandpiper »

How long will you be in braces?
471 days in braces

[/url]