Wanda's story with pictures (41,crossbite,rme appliance)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

wanda

Wanda's story with pictures (41,crossbite,rme appliance)

#1 Post by wanda »

Hello ,I have already posted on the main forum but thought it would be a good idea to put my story on here.
Well as the title said I am 41 and about to embark on my adult braces adventure !
My photos will give you a good idea ,my main concern is my crossbite and the fact that my teeth are not the same on both sides, I know we are all a bit unsymmetrical but I am very much so in the lower half of my face.
I am very lucky that I have found a fantastic orthodontist nearby and I am actually looking forward to getting my braces put on.
I had impressions and spacers in last week and tommorow I go back to have impressions for the expander....think they will take out the spacers ??
Brace day is the 20th of april ,(expander and top brace only ) ( week later bottom brace )I splashed out and treated myself to the ceramic braces !So wish me luck ,and good luck to you all too .

wanda

Re: Wanda's story with pictures (41,crossbite,rme appliance)

#2 Post by wanda »

wanda

#3 Post by wanda »

wanda

#4 Post by wanda »

wanda

#5 Post by wanda »

A little update , I have had my impressions for the rpe appliance , and the molar band sizing ( not very comfortable ...as apparently I am between sizes and they only do half sizes in some brands ! ) Oh well I got through that ok, I was a bit disapointed to realise that to hold the rpe appliance in I will have metal bands which are visible... 2 on the crossbite side and 1 on the normal side :( . Not sure I should have paid the extra for the clear braces now , but there you go maybe it wont look as bad as I think , I know once I am in pain it will stop me being so vain about all this ! Will post pics soon as I can .. only 10 days to go now till I am A BRACE FACE ! Still cannot believe I am doing this at my age , hope nobody laughs at me ! .

noveldevice

#6 Post by noveldevice »

You were always going to have molar bands. They can't do bonded brackets to molars; they're not strong enough. Honestly, the molar bands don't really show that much. My braces are gold, but they don't do gold molar bands so they're the regular appliance-coloured silver, and nobody's ever said anything, and I don't even really notice. The only ones anybody really sees are the ones right at the front, which is why when you get clear, they only do the front six.

fangsbegone

#7 Post by fangsbegone »

Teeth look great already ! :D :D

liluadc

#8 Post by liluadc »

Hi Wanda!

I don't think anyone will laugh at you. :) By now I think you have them on! yey.