New here and just braced today!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Faerie

New here and just braced today!

#1 Post by Faerie »

Hello everyone! I have posted a few times around the forum but just realized that I never officially introduced myself. My name is Carrie and I am 28 years old. I have suffered from pretty bad crowding (mostly on the bottom teeth) all my life due to a small mouth and bad genetics I guess (It's funny but my brother and I have the same exact problem and our bottom teeth are crowded/overlap in the same spots).

I finally got the courage to get braces and I'm so glad I did. It's taking a while to get used to them, but I'm sure I will in time. Luckily, I haven't felt too much pain yet. Just odd discomfort and awareness of them being there. My total estimated time in braces is 15 to 18 months which isn't too bad.

Here is a pic (with my hot pink ligs :D). This also gives a pretty good view of my crowding issues:

rwashington007

Re: New here and just braced today!

#2 Post by rwashington007 »

I like the hot pink ligs looking good looking good =)

:BigGrin:

noveldevice

#3 Post by noveldevice »

Awesome! I think you will be really happy when it's all done. And the hot pink is great! I have dark blue on the bottom right now. Looks great with my gold brackets.

Nettie

#4 Post by Nettie »

Great pic, Congrats, I'm right behind you. will follow your progress.

BracedinBoston6432

#5 Post by BracedinBoston6432 »

Congratulations! I am male 40 and just got my braces on last week. Metal top and bottom.

Crazy4Snow

#6 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Congratulations!!! I went with the same color when I had mine put on, alternating with the purple. You're on the path to a perfect smile! :HugeGrin:

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

sunnylocks

#7 Post by sunnylocks »

I was thinking of going pink at my last appt but I got purple instead. I'm thinking of two colors next time or maybe pink...either way I love the pink and wanted to wish you lotsa luck on your journey!