What was your first meal/food after braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Rae

Re: What was your first meal/food after braces?

#16 Post by Rae »

I had chicken soup & bread, breaking my bread up and soaking it in the soup. i'm only on day two - I had some porridge for breakfast, which was nice & easy to eat & filling too :P Soup again for lunch & as we speak I'm boiling some potatoes to mash up with cheese & have with spaghetti hoops - can't wait!!! :lol:

Nikkistixx06

#17 Post by Nikkistixx06 »

Cup of noodles. So crappy to eat cause the noodles were getting stuck in wires! Ugh! :(

Tatumms

#18 Post by Tatumms »

Mine were done in the morning. Right after I went to Jack in the Box and had a strawberry shake. Horrible headache and hurt when my teeth pressed together :( Ate yogurt for lunch and dinner, figured it'd wear off by the next day. I was WRONG. All day I had...advil? or aleve I don't remember which but once that kicked in I ate a cheese burger. I can't go long without my solids. haha

prettyyoungthing

#19 Post by prettyyoungthing »

I got my top braces on on Monday. The first few days I've only really eaten 2 minute noodles and mashed potato and then mac & cheese. Chili con carne was alright cos I mostly swallowed it :P last night I managed some some cooked broccoli, mashed potato and a piece of crumbed fish. It hurt a bit but managed to moosh it around and get it down :) Also had boiled potato with sour cream :)

klobird

#20 Post by klobird »

About 90 minutes after getting my braces on, my sister and I went out to eat chicken yaki udon. I think that might have contributed to my archwire coming out of the buccal tube the 2nd day I was in braces. It was a Saturday morning and NO
FUN at all!! I had a pokey wire like a needle in my cheek for 2 days. It was awful!

But as long as I stayed away from sticky,crunchy things I was pretty OK--just had to be creative.

xsamix

#21 Post by xsamix »

Everyone seems to love the wax but I could never get used to it. Tried it the day after getting braced and I just gave it up and put up with the sores.

First thing I had was a plateful of mashed potato. Next morning was a bowl of oatmeal however brushing with braces after oatmeal was a challenge.

Faerie

#22 Post by Faerie »

I just got my braces this morning. Immediately after I stopped by Sonic and got a Mocha Caramel Java Chiller. MMM.

For lunch I had red beans and rice from Popeyes. And dinner was mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Eating has definitely been interesting today..

Jay04

#23 Post by Jay04 »

I had salad as a first meal and I think I gave up and went hungry :cry: . Now I eat everything, even stuff you aren't supposed to eat with braces on (I do like a challenge :P ). I have never broken a bracket off either. I just cut things up super small and chew very carefully. I've been told I look like a cow when I'm chewing since I got my braces. :roll:
Braces Removed - 14th July, 11
My Braces Story: http://archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=35442

Sayrah

#24 Post by Sayrah »

When I got mine on, I'm pretty sure I had to end up grinding chicken up in a blender with mashed potatoes.. not the most appetizing meal, and after that I really wasn't hungry for a few days..

Snowglobe32

#25 Post by Snowglobe32 »

My first meal after getting braced was a cheeseburger happy meal. I guess I wanted comfort food and to feel like a kid again.

I can't wait to eat ribs on the bone. Not sure if it will be my first meal when they come off but it is the only thing I haven't been able to eat since being braced.

Mewwie

#26 Post by Mewwie »

Icecream is immediately comfort food :D

Mareesey

#27 Post by Mareesey »

My first meal was chicken noodle soup. My teeth feel like they aren't touching right so I haven't eaten anything I'd have to chew. I had a wisdom tooth that I fractured from chewing because it came in crooked so I'm a little leery.

jk123

#28 Post by jk123 »

Clear chicken soup. That was 5 years ago...I'm going to have to get braces again :(

CountessDeSangre

#29 Post by CountessDeSangre »

Hmm I have difficulty when I'm chewing. I can't quite chew with my mouth closed just yet. Nor can I fully close my mouth, for that matter.

And I've noticed an increase in saliva, so much that at times I need to make this slurping noise at odd intervals, and when I'm lying down I drool without realizing it! :oops:

I just need to keep telling myself that it's all for the greater good....

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

JimMaine

#30 Post by JimMaine »

Mashed potatoes and cottage cheese.
Eating out with friends at restaurants is difficult. I was a slow eater to begin with. It turns into an evening watching me eat!