New to the club-almost

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kipepeo

Re: New to the club-almost

#16 Post by Kipepeo »

Hi Jens. How are you doing after a few weeks? I hope you plan to post pics because I'd like to see your clear brackets. I just got the metal self ligating on the bottom and they have been fairly comfortable. Just my inner lip feels "rubbed" but not sore or anything. So far so good for me.

Jensniffer

#17 Post by Jensniffer »

Alright time for some pics, before and during
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jensniffer

#18 Post by Jensniffer »

and with braces
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jensniffer

#19 Post by Jensniffer »

There ya go! Some pics of my teeth in all their awesomeness :roll:

2 weeks down 102 more to go! Everyday is a little bit better. I am eating a lot more foods now but still find it hard to eat meat especially or anything that I have to bite off, like sandwiches, even a banana. Eating lots of oatmeal and yougart but that gets boring, mashed up potato salad is one of my favs right now too! I haven't used any wax in about a week so thats a good sign. At one point my mouth felt so raw and torn up I was questioning my decision on getting braces in the first place. I wiggled my bottom front teeth because they felt loose (and they are!) and it sent jolting pain through them, won't make that mistake again! Eating is also a private affair right now, I can't seem to chew with my mouth closed and thats embaressing!

It gets better right??

silentfilms

#20 Post by silentfilms »

It gets better!

I'm on my fifth week and my lower front two teeth are loose as well. They've moved quite a bit so it makes sense for them to be loose, but "this loose" makes me uncomfortable so I barely use the front teeth.

For the most part I'm eating what I want. I have one side with a bite bumper so chewing with my mouth open is just...inevitable. I don't care at home for obvious reasons, but eating in public/with friends is slightly embarrassing. I think it's best described as an exercise in patience what with having to not only chew effectively with a closed mouth but also to do it in a timely manner.

Once the bite bumper comes off it'll make a world of difference though. Can't wait for that!