Hi there!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mnmetalmouth

Hi there!

#1 Post by mnmetalmouth »

Hi I'm 33 and I just got a pretty new tin grin! After waiting 20 years I finally took the plunge and put braces on one week ago today, June 16th. It took several visits to the orthodontist, dentist and oral surgeon but I am finally on my way to a beautiful smile! I have several gaps in the top row of my teeth and a beautiful snagglely tooth there as well. In addition, one tooth decided to be impacted and just never joined the tooth party. I got 4 wisdom teeth, 2 baby teeth and an impacted incisor removed about a month ago. Removing seven teeth all at once is not really as fun as it sounds so I waited a few weeks to actually get my pretties (as my 2yr old calls them) in place. I should get them removed in about 16 to 20 months. Thanks to all for sharing your stories. It has been nice and helpful to be able to read some of the stories posted here.

mnmetalmouth

Re: Hi there!

#2 Post by mnmetalmouth »

Does anyone know if I can drink sugar free soda? My orthodontist said no soda, but does that just mean the sugary kind? I hate to put in all this time and money into something and not follow the rules...

noveldevice

#3 Post by noveldevice »

...I drink soda. The regular kind, because I'm allergic to artificial sweeteners. Nobody's ever said anything to me about it.

Although my dental hygienist suggested I drink less coffee. I told her that I was sure there is an alternate universe where me drinking less coffee is happening, and it's going to stay there.

TinkB

#4 Post by TinkB »

I was never told not to drink soda.

I am sure every dentist and ortho would want all of us to stay away from soda 100%.

I don't think I could cut soda off completely for 2 to 2 1/2 years. I would have major withdraws! :shock:
Metal brackets & 4 bands on May 12, 2011
4 Premolars Extracted on May 20, 2011
Fully braced on May 25, 2011
My sentence - 24 to 30 months

My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=39348