New member who just got braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cadillac 09

New member who just got braces

#1 Post by Cadillac 09 »

Hello to everyone
I'am a new member who just got braces a few days ago. Not only am I new to the sight Iam new to my new apperiance. I never thaught of having to have braces but since my teeth and jaw were starting to hurt my dentist thaught that i should see a orthodontist (great) which i did.I desided to go with the metal brackets because they say its a shorter time of treatment, I hope so.
The Dr.told me my treatment should last from 24 to 28 months and the treatment plan is as follows. Full set of brackets on upper and lower teeth he also mentioned i will probably need to wear a heagear for about 14 hrs a day ( not sure what that is. If any one can help me with what that might be a would appreciate it ) and then when thats done probably need a few rubberbands near the end.
Thanks and i will keep you posted.

rhomboid

Re: New member who just got braces

#2 Post by rhomboid »

Welcome and congratulations toward making yourself better.

Cadillac 09

#3 Post by Cadillac 09 »

Thank you for the kind words

BracedinBoston6432

#4 Post by BracedinBoston6432 »

I am male 40 and just got a full set of metal brackets!

Crazy4Snow

#5 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Congratulations! I can't explain what headgear is for but I know what it looks like. Good luck!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13