NEWBIE here!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sharisserobinson

NEWBIE here!

#1 Post by sharisserobinson »

Hello Everyone

My name is Sharisse I am 32 yrs old and last Wednesday I got my brackets put on....WoooHooo! Still no wires but Dr is waiting on all the right supplies to get in before getting the rest done.

A little about myself......I have 5 kids ranging from almost 17 to 6. One has braces and 2 have palatte expanders. I get to share all this joy with them....LOL.
Recently divorced and rather excited about all the changes in my life.

I am so looking forward to this braces journey. I have had crooked teeth all my life...can't wait to finally get em straightened.

Ok thank you all for listening and I hope to share this journey with all of you.

Sharisse :lol:

catgyrl

Re: NEWBIE here!

#2 Post by catgyrl »

Welcome, Sharisse! :-1

Congratulations!! It's cool that you got your brackets first; that way, you can get used to them before the "real fun" begins with the wires. LOL! I'm also an adult (43) with braces, and I know how strange it may feel to only be getting these things now, so late in life, but as the saying goes: "I ain't dead, yet!"

Are the brackets bothering you in any way? Rubbing or irritating your cheeks? If so, don't be afraid to cover them with dental wax so your mouth will heal. I've found that for the most part, a half day or so with dental wax does the trick. How long will it take before the wires come in?

Take lots of pics, so you can keep track of your progress. I find that helps immensely during those "I don't see any progress" times (where I am now).

Good luck!
-Cathy

sharisserobinson

#3 Post by sharisserobinson »

Cathy,

My son said the same thing...."Lucky.....you don't get double wammied with wires and getting used to your brackets." I know it's going to be trouble next week when I get my wires but hey we are all surviving this right?... I think the strangest things is wearing them with my kids...LOL....I feel like a kid again with them. I have actually asked my son for pointers...LOL. And of course he is mister smarty pants about all his pointers...LOL

I have a couple spots that are rubbing me the wrong way but nothing too unbearable. I have only used wax one time and I think my mouth is already toughening up.

I don't know how to post pictures but I took some pics yesterday before the wires go on so I can track the progress.

This is definitely going to start getting interesting soon...LOL....Tuesday to be exact..

Have a good day hun

Sharisse

sunnylocks

#4 Post by sunnylocks »

Welome Sharisse!

This really is a great forum to those of us living the adult life with braces. You can post pics once you're a registered member by using photobucket or tinypic, or some other photo sharing site you choose. There's some notes on the main page in the announcements. I wondered the same thing when I signed up.

I just wanted to say good luck on your journey. I only used wax a few times when I started, but that's because I talk on the phone all day at work and hated my lisping, but not using the wax too often helped my lips to toughen up after about a week.

I'm sure your son is giving you great advice on all the mechanics but for moral support everyone here is great. Best wishes and happy flossing!

sharisserobinson

#5 Post by sharisserobinson »

Maybe I should put all this on the story forum.... :? Anyway....I have noticed 2 things just in the past few days.....

Let's see I have had my brackets...(still no wires) on since June 8th....It dawned on me 3 days ago that I am actually growing nails....... :oops: I have always been a nail biter...I know I know bad habit....but I haven't bitten my nails since I got them put on......Ok I am sooooo proud of myself for that....WooHoo!

Also I haven't been snacking as much as I normally would....probably cause I hate brushing my teeth 20 times a day....LOL so I wonder how much weight I am going to lose through this journey..... :tingrin:

Thanks for listening!

BracedinBoston6432

#6 Post by BracedinBoston6432 »

I am male 40 and I got metal brackets top and bottom with arch wires installed all at once.

Crazy4Snow

#7 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Congratulations. How fun to be going through it with your kids. :HugeGrin:

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13