Introducing myself - newbie here

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

bracketeer

Introducing myself - newbie here

#1 Post by bracketeer »

Hello to all, very happy to have found this board! After much lamenting and consideration I will be getting "braced up" on August 8th...excited and nervous :tingrin: :tingrin:

QueenElizabeth

Re: Introducing myself - newbie here

#2 Post by QueenElizabeth »

Welcome!! Welcome!!

I just got my top braces 2 days ago. The only thing that hurt was the mouth/lip extender, well it was more uncomfortable than anything. I suggest taking a pain reliever before going, just in case they want to stretch your lips out like spandex. Other than that, you'll probably get used them in a day. Just being on this board, I've learned so much!! There are some great people here who are ready to answer any questions! Best of luck on your big day! :-*
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

Huggypillow

#3 Post by Huggypillow »

Welcome to the board,

it's a very exciting and chalenging journey. i have bottom braces on at the moment and i get my top braces August 18.
don't know why but im getting nervous all over again. Don't know why.

good luck with your big day and welcome to the club

microbrew

#4 Post by microbrew »

Hey there braketeer congratulations on getting the journey started! Looks like we are in the same boat, im going in on Aug 3 for mine and can relate to both the anxiety and excitement you're feeling. Like they say, getting there is half the fun!

Bron

#5 Post by Bron »

Hey there, welcome to the club! haha, I'm a newbie too so its a bit cheeky saying that really!

I had ceramic uppers and lowers July 19th.

Good luck with having them done. As I keep telling myself.... it'll all be worth it in the end. :D

Crazy4Snow

#6 Post by Crazy4Snow »

Welcome to the board and congratulations! Just a little over a week to wait. Eat all your favorite foods now and savor every bite!

My story in this forum:
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=38942

Braced: 4/7/2011
Metal Upper & Lower
Sentence: 18-24 months
Removal Date: 9/4/13

bracketeer

#7 Post by bracketeer »

[quote="microbrew"]Hey there braketeer congratulations on getting the journey started! Looks like we are in the same boat, im going in on Aug 3 for mine and can relate to both the anxiety and excitement you're feeling. Like they say, getting there is half the fun![/quote]

Hey there, how did it go? Do tell us - today is Aug 3rd! :tingrin:

microbrew

#8 Post by microbrew »

[quote="bracketeer"]Hey there, how did it go? Do tell us - today is Aug 3rd! :tingrin:[/quote]

Hey there, thanks for asking, bracketeer! Yesterday i got my upper braces put on, went with metal damon brackets. It was alot quicker than i expected, only like 40 minutes, and not painful at all. A day later is a different story painwise. I can definitely feel the wire working today but its still pretty managable. I'll post a more detailed post soon hopefully and get some pics up too once i figure out how to :mrgreen:

Made any preparations for your brace day? Its crazy how quickly the last few days seem to go. Enjoy all your favorite crunchy foods while you can now, thats for sure!