What was your first meal/food after braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Boira

Re: What was your first meal/food after braces?

#31 Post by Boira »

Lasagna. Eating it wasn't difficult... the problem was removing the Invisalign trays for the 1st time. After a 20 min struggle I thought I was trapped and doomed to an only-water diet :shock:
  • Invisalign 1st round: 23/26U - 23/60L - 13 attachments. Stopped at tray 23.
  • Mid-course correction: 15/15U - 37/37L - 11 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements: 33/33U - 33/33L - 17 attachments - DONE!
  • Refinements 2nd round: 1/18U - 1/18L - 10 attachments

BracedinBoston6432

#32 Post by BracedinBoston6432 »

I drank protein shakes for the first few days and then survived on sushi for the next week.

QueenElizabeth

#33 Post by QueenElizabeth »

BracedinBoston6432 wrote:I drank protein shakes for the first few days and then survived on sushi for the next week.
Survive on sushi! I think I can do that! :wink: Was it more difficult to take all that sticky rice out? :-}

My first meal was a homemade wrap with hummus, spinach, tomatoes and other veggie with a berry smoothie. I think it went down hill at dinner, when I decided to eat a bean and cheese burrito and didn't quite know how to eat it. A bracket came off the tooth last night. Woot. I've learned my lesson. :-+
"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain."
-Bob Marley

iamtamnur

#34 Post by iamtamnur »

A muffin was the first thing I ate. Then I tried potato chips and onion dip when I got home. I popped off two brackets even though I sucked on the chips. The pain has forced me to make better (softer) choices.

phuongie

#35 Post by phuongie »

I had a pastry, it was a hot dog in a bun, it was a little bit hard trying to bite into the hot dog but I was okay, when I got home it congee (Asian rice porridge with chicken) that my made in the morning ready for me.

sds4h

#36 Post by sds4h »

My very first meal was immediately after I left the ortho's office... it was a burrito - bad choice. I had to completely unwrap it and tear off little pieces of the tortilla put it on the fork and them scoop up the other insides of it and place it in the very back. The first day wasn't the worst for me though.. the second day was.. the second day I had a vegetable plate form the cracker barrel that had mac and cheese and cooked carrots on it and that's it! I had to cut the soft cooked carrots up too. It was really good though. I have found that barbaque sandwiches are really good because you can easily tear them up =)

It was hard for me to get my lips around my braces for the first few days.. I have to admit I did sleep with my mouth open the 3 or 4 days (which gave me a horrible sore throat) but it goes away and you get use to it.

mbmanes

#37 Post by mbmanes »

I went to Chili's with my mom and brother immediately after getting my braces on. I had already decided my best bet was to go with soup but I wanted salad too. I told the waitress I had just got braces put on and asked about eating salad. She told me they had shredded lettuce too and that would probably be easier to eat. She even went the extra mile and diced the veggies up fine so it was easier to eat.

CountessDeSangre

#38 Post by CountessDeSangre »

mbmanes wrote:I went to Chili's with my mom and brother immediately after getting my braces on. I had already decided my best bet was to go with soup but I wanted salad too. I told the waitress I had just got braces put on and asked about eating salad. She told me they had shredded lettuce too and that would probably be easier to eat. She even went the extra mile and diced the veggies up fine so it was easier to eat.
I can't tell you how much I miss salad! :(

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

crooked rory

#39 Post by crooked rory »

My first meal after getting braces was a chicken cutlet and american cheese hero with pretzels. It was especially tasty because I really had to take my time eating it, especially the pretzels. The cleanup was so not what I was expecting. It felt like I had a full mouthful worth of food caught up in my brackets and between teeth. It was a good last meal, since by the next morning I was hurting and unable to eat foods more solid than mac and cheese for like 4 days afterwards, and them ham or peanut butter sandwiches for a few weeks. :soremouth: It passed though, and I can now eat most of what I used to.

revelvia

#40 Post by revelvia »

Man, I'm jealous of how many of you were actually capable of eating food! I had mine yesterday and went out and spent £10 on yogurt :lol: that's been the bulk of it. I was starving today so I took an hour to eat a tin of tuna. It was so painful that I think I'm going to be back on the yogurt tomorrow!
[/url]

Gabrielito

#41 Post by Gabrielito »

jello ,oatmeal, water hahaah

nessness

#42 Post by nessness »

I was on mash, beans and really really soft chicken for the first few days. Then when the pain subsided, I was on harder foods but nothing would touch my front teeth. chopped it up and sent it to the molars straight away!

This pretty much happens every month in terms of my meals, but the pain I had on the front 6 or so teeth is no longer as sensitive as it was when I first started. So can eat the occassional harder foods straight after an adjustment

dojo

#43 Post by dojo »

I ate pretty well with braces. But, the moment they were off, I 'ate' chewing gum. and I don't usually like it, but it felt good to chew it :)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

raefactor

#44 Post by raefactor »

I returned home 6 hours after getting them on and attempted to eat cheese sticks cut in tiny pieces. Sigh. That did not go well. :(

wildpig

#45 Post by wildpig »

sandwich and deli meat for lunch. I separated out the meat and tear the meat and bread into smaller pieces. Still doing that...

Had steak, rice and lettuce for dinner. Steak cut into smaller pieces. Ice cream for dessert.