Colors for adults

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

gramma2xander

Colors for adults

#1 Post by gramma2xander »

Anybody have an opinion on adults getting colored o-rings the things that go around the brackets.I would like to try colors instead of just the silver,but would it look silly at my age?(43)

belistic10

Re: Colors for adults

#2 Post by belistic10 »

nope i would go for it :lol: who cares what age you are, if your in pain might as well have some fun with it :lol: i cant really change mine as i dont have ligs, but guess they could add them for pretty colours but i figure its just one more bit to clean :roll: if they give me powerchains along the way i will get them to colour them :lol:

AM21

#3 Post by AM21 »

I think having colored ligs is awesome! Nothing wrong with it at all. I figure since you have to deal with braces might as well try to make the best of it and have a fun mouth full of colors. Right now, I have red and black alternating ligs. :)
Braced: August 1, 2011
Sentence: 30 Months
My Braces Blog: http://www.metalmouthtales.blogspot.com

metalsmile

#4 Post by metalsmile »

I'm 24 and have no problem getting color ligs (or powerchain for that matter)...and I have ceramic uppers. I realized quickly into treatment that people saw them no matter what, so thought, "what the heck!"

gramma2xander

#5 Post by gramma2xander »

Thanks for the replys I will go for it. Should be fun with all the Holidays coming up! :HugeGrin:

Bracer215

#6 Post by Bracer215 »

Well I am an oldster on this site and I love colors. Right now for Oct/Nov I have an orange power chain on top and gold on bottom. :D

belistic10

#7 Post by belistic10 »

yay look forward to seeing what awesome colours you get :D

catgyrl

#8 Post by catgyrl »

Ditto what everyone else has said - GO FOR IT!! I will hopefully be getting my braces off in 6 months or so, and I've only just now started experimenting with colored ligs/chains on my clear brackets. I started out with a plum color that was really pretty. I tried hot pink (didn't care much for that one...); lavendar was nice, and just a few weeks ago I got light blue, which is still holding its color, for the most part. When I go back next week, I think I'm going to try something green! Might as well have fun with them, and I guarantee you, nobody will even care what you have on your teeth. The darker colors are more resistant to staining (coffee, tea, soda, turmeric, curry, etc.), but I noticed that my lavendar didn't stain much, and neither did the plum.

Have fun! :D

denSMSgt

#9 Post by denSMSgt »

I always thought colours were FUN, especially as an adult! I only did green once though, when co-workers and friends thought I had lettuce stuck in my braces. I'm all about fun colours, but that cured me of ever doing green again!

Smile Y'all,

dennis

catgyrl

#10 Post by catgyrl »

Darn! I didn't even think of the lettuce thing!! Hmmm... may have to rethink green now. Thanks for the heads-up!

noveldevice

#11 Post by noveldevice »

I don't get coloured powerchains because I personally find them ugly, but when I have ligatures I always get colours. I've had dark red, dark blue, violet, lavender. Loved them all.

I'm 36 and teach college. :)

racheltn3

#12 Post by racheltn3 »

Definitely, go for it! Have fun with the colors! :D

smam1130

#13 Post by smam1130 »

I got my braces three months before my 40th birthday... and I went for the color elastics... My regretful color was bright green and then red... the purple made my braces look dark and so did the blue... I think it's just me embarrassed that I'm 40 with color on my braces like a teen, but you all are making me think different... this last adjustment I went with out bands at all but it's a little rough on my skin without... I don't know what I'm gonna do next. :roll:

Mazly007

#14 Post by Mazly007 »

I'm excited to start trying colors out on my bottom metal brackets. I'm thinking pink could be a fun first choice. :D

braceface74

#15 Post by braceface74 »

I'd say go for it :), age makes no difference.