*Newbie Food*

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JennyLaughs

*Newbie Food*

#1 Post by JennyLaughs »

Greetings to all the newly braced board members! Congrats on making the (usually tough) decision to do something for yourself. For many of us this involves WAY more than just going to the ortho and setting up an appointment to get braced. So for all the new comers who've gone through lengthy dental preparations and fits of mental anguish, congratulations again!!!!

The first few weeks are not easy in the least, but many of you have lurked here long enough to know this. Just remember, the first day or two are your "What the hell have I done?!?" phase, followed by two to four weeks (and sometimes longer depending on your particular bite situation) of soft diet. I think the most reassuring thing I can say about this point is that it was the only one of it's kind so far for me. After getting my braces on, there was never another time when I literally couldn't chew food due to the pain. Even after adjustments and new wires and whatnot, the pain does not stop me from eating like it did when I was first braced.

After I was first braced, I ate the usual... soup, yogurt, protein shakes, I tried ice cream but it was too hard and too cold! I got really sick of liquid stuff after about 3 days, so I went shopping for something a bit more sustainable. That's when I found these.

The Cheese Manicotti one in particular was so easy to eat. Your tongue basically does all the chewing. I don't recommend eating this every day or even at all after your teeth can chew normally again, but for the small time when you really want something to fill you up, these worked really well. Oh, and Speghettios worked too. Any other veterans out there feel free to throw out suggestions too!

Good luck to all of the newly braced members on their journey to healthier, beautiful smiles!

jessica716

Re: *Newbie Food*

#2 Post by jessica716 »

I've had my brace since Thursday and so far so good, the first day was protein shakes, second day spaghetti hoops...and today i've managed pizza and also pitta bread earlier on, my front teeth hurt like hell at first so i broke it into smaller pieces and got on a lot better!

Brace has just been tightened now though so possibly back on the protein shakes tomorrow!

belistic10

#3 Post by belistic10 »

unfortunately i havent seen that same brand food here in Oz lol but i plan on having a look over the weekend and stocking up on anything soft or liquid to fill me up, in preparation for braces going on in 7days. will keep an eye on this post for ideas!

BlindSight

#4 Post by BlindSight »

Thanks for the tips, I actually ate a big hamburger about 4 hours after getting my braces put on yesterday and it wasn't too horrific but I woke up this morning feeling really sore, even just biting down or pushing on them with my tongue hurts......so will probably be sticking to soft stuff for awhile :-/

JennyLaughs

#5 Post by JennyLaughs »

I also found that McDonald's cheeseburgers (or hamburgers if you don't like cheese) withOUT pickles are pretty easy to eat. I work there so I always have the meat on my burgers extremely fresh and that's why they're so soft. I couldn't eat the fries for at least a week unless they were the soggy ones, which is only about 1 in every 4 or 5 fries. Milkshakes for the win! Also, I highly recommend the new Peppermint Mocha... it's like an Andes Candy in a cup... sooo awesome!

belistic10

#6 Post by belistic10 »

scrambled egg is good lol but i discovered it gets stuck a bit :(

BlindSight

#7 Post by BlindSight »

Yeah so the past few days have been brutal, pretty much nothing but soup broth and store-brand slim-fast. even hurts to eat smushed up banannas still :-/

lana23

#8 Post by lana23 »

I have been on a spaghetti, and salmon diet for the past 4 days lol. tomato basil and chicken noodle soup also come in in handy in addition to yogurt, protein shakes.

Gabrielito

#9 Post by Gabrielito »

[quote="lana23"]I have been on a spaghetti, and salmon diet for the past 4 days lol. tomato basil and chicken noodle soup also come in in handy in addition to yogurt, protein shakes.[/quote]

Same here, also jello, real soft bread :(