Braces at 41

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

annie arkins

Re: Braces at 41

#16 Post by annie arkins »

Sorry, I did that post all wrong, the first line of the above post is from Eve, I was trying to reply, I will learn eventually :BigGrin:

Eve43

#17 Post by Eve43 »

Hi Annie!
I got Invisalign on Sept. 21, 2011. So far, I LOVE them. I have no sores from brackets, no pokey wires, and I can eat everything (unfortunately). I suffered from persistent canker sores as a kid, and could not see going through that torment again. I'm scheduled to wear my Invisalign for 46 weeks. Good luck with your braces, Annie!

Cheers!

annie arkins

#18 Post by annie arkins »

Thanks for the reply Eve :) Ok so I did the deed and got the braces on Thursday 26th of Jan. I decided to go with the metal as he originally suggested, I won't need elastics for the majority of treatment and with the metal..no stains from curry :-*
I did want the ceramic originally but sure you can see that a person has braces regardless of the colour and I can relax and eat most things I normally eat.

I will get the bottom set on in a month, seemingly it's to get used to the braces feeling first, although I wouldn't have cared because I haven't had any pain yet in relation to tooth movement or tenderness, just a bit of rubbing from the brackets on my inner lip, now I'm worried they aren't strong enough (the wire).

When I got them on, the bracket above my lower canine was hitting the lower tooth, he said don't worry, it will be fine, off I trot only to arrive back to his office 15minutes later with a swinging bracket :roll: He put it on again, I was told to close my teeth and check, yep, off it popped again! He put a little thing in between my teeth to make a gap, then next week he will put on a metal thing with the bracket already attached so no chance of pop offs.

I wonder is that why they aren't causing any pain, due to one bracket being missing hence wire is not as tight??

My mother was the first to see them, she said "they aren't as bad as you were making out they would be, they are nice" I know my mother too well, she will go back to my sisters saying, "oh the poor thing, they are awful" she means well but she will tell you what you want to hear not what it actually is.

I am on the hunt for a camera, to do some pics I can post up, hope you are all enjoying your soon to be straight teeth :D

DrDevo

#19 Post by DrDevo »

Hello, I'm also 41 and just got my braces May 25th of this year,both upper and lower. As has been stated, the initial week feels quite foreign and the cheeks are shredded, however it quickly becomes a part of you. I have "bite blocker" which has been an adjustment in terms of chewing. Other than that I'm excited to be able to share stories with others along this journey.

Greenman

#20 Post by Greenman »

DrDevo wrote:Hello, I'm also 41 and just got my braces May 25th of this year,both upper and lower. As has been stated, the initial week feels quite foreign and the cheeks are shredded, however it quickly becomes a part of you. I have "bite blocker" which has been an adjustment in terms of chewing. Other than that I'm excited to be able to share stories with others along this journey.
Wow. I'm 41 too. I get my first tray of Invisalign in 4 days!
Paul
My Blog: The Invisalign Challenge http://theinvisalignchallenge.blogspot.com.au
Can Invisalign fix gap, buck, crooked, twisted, crowned teeth?

U - 8/36
L - 8/36

jamsession

#21 Post by jamsession »

I am going for my consultation tomorrow, age 39 and female. I was going to get them a couple of years ago but chickened out. Any questions you wished you had asked your ortho before you got your brackets placed?