Alison from England

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Alison

Alison from England

#1 Post by Alison »

Hi :)

Im Alison, Im 38 and live in the Westmidlands in the UK.......Ive had braces now for 4 months...Ive had overcrowded "goofy" teeth (from thumb sucking) most of my life.....never did anything about it when I was young as Ive always been petrified of dentists! :shock:

But in recent years my teeth have been slowly moving, looking worse than ever...so decided to do something about it.....my dentist is great, as it was she who persuaded me to do it...Ive had to have 2 teeth out at the sides and Ive just got a normal metal brace.....have to say it hasnt been too bad...the only trouble is a side bracket keeps coming unstuck :evil:

this site is great.......its great seeing other adults with braces

I have to say I have had no comments, looks or anything about me wearing a brace....I wouldnt care anyway! :D
Ive been told it will take about 18 months / 2years....I do wonder? altho my fang looking side teeth have gone back I cant ever see the gaps where my teeth were extracted at the sides ever being filled?

but Im keeping positive!!!!!!! :D

Dodger(UK)

#2 Post by Dodger(UK) »

Hi Alison, it's good to have a fellow UK person on the site - I had similiar problems to yourself, very crookes, prominent front teeth, and being in braces have transformed my smile, I'll show you just how much when I get create my new website. :wink:

I know what you mean about thinking that your extractions gaps will never close - I've been in braces 8 months now and they started closing quickly at first, but now they're slowing down and I've just got that pesky final few mm's to get the closed properly. :roll:

Dee

#3 Post by Dee »

Hi Alison,

So nice to see yet another English person on the site :D . I hope that all goes well for you.

With every best wish, Dee

Alison

#4 Post by Alison »

Hi again :D

thanks for the welcome......isnt it great to able to message poeple about something like this! lol......

good luck to you both with your braces! glad Im not the only one who thinks Im going to have great gaps in my teeth forever!!!!

still.....even if my braces never complete their job Id rather live with these gaps than with my awful crooked teeth :oops: ......

thanks again! Alison :D