anyone else have their Midline off?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

CountessDeSangre

Re: anyone else have their Midline off?

#16 Post by CountessDeSangre »

My midline was fine before I started braces but one of my lower teeth is a quite a bit further back than the others so there's a space. After I got my braces my other teeth began traveling ALONG the archwire thereby closing that space where the too-far-away tooth should be. So my orthodontist put a coil spring in the space to send the traveling teeth where they belong.

My Blog: http://metalmouthmisfit.blogspot.com/

lau

#17 Post by lau »

hey everyone- i just posted my first pics. link here viewtopic.php?f=9&t=40807

only been 6 weeks and midline still looks the same, only bottom teeth moved a bit. in the next adjustment i will ask what is the plan and when do we start working on it. I know it is too soon, but I am eager to hear the plan.
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix

noveldevice

#18 Post by noveldevice »

My lower midline is off a little, and moving it hasn't been an enormous hassle. Mostly they just moved slowly things along, so you end up with some weird alternate crowding and spaces, but it's not a big deal, and nobody but you will notice. :)

nessness

#19 Post by nessness »

In my last adjustment I was told my midline was off, so I have elastics right now to correct this. After about 3 or so weeks now it seems to have shifted quite nicely. So its not an overly long process. :)

AndreeaS

#20 Post by AndreeaS »

my midline shifted as well, and some teeth appear now longer than the rest :(( but I'm still in the first 6 weeks, so I hope things will get back to normal...

Robertsj

#21 Post by Robertsj »

My midline is also off to the left. It was that way before I got my braces on and is still the same. My ortho told me that I have an A-symetrical bite and that I will have to wear a-symetrical rubber bands. She said that it will be soon. I have to get a larger wire on the bottom first. I guess my problem is that I have now had my braces for 11 months. She told me 12-18 months, and I thought people usually wore rubber bands for about a year. I think my treatment time is going to be more like 2 years now. I will have to ask my ortho what she thinks. I am doubting that she will be able to fix my bite within 6 months. Anyone else have any advice as for how muxh longer my braces will need to stay on?

lau

#22 Post by lau »

Thanks Robertsj! I am very interested to hear what they say. They wanted to extract some teeth but i didnt want to, also to keep the treatment closer than 1 yr (they said 18 months) i will try to ask on my next appt. but you know they say very little - ive had braces for 5 months only and they keep telling to 'be patient' - lol isnt that what i am literally? :D
Wore Top & Bottom traditional metal brackets, wore elastics both sides 24/7
Brace day: Oct 4 2011 / Sentence: 18 months - DONE in 16 months
My story + progress pix