New member, getting close to having braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jay360

New member, getting close to having braces

#1 Post by jay360 »

Hello, my name is Jay and I am 28 years old. I have always hated my teeth, and recently decided to procrastinating and do something about it. I have been to the dentist four times in three weeks, and have one more visit before I will get a referral to the ortho. The reason I am here is to find out as much info as I can before I take the plunge. Looks like there are a lot of choices, and much to think about.

Bracedforbraces

Re: New member, getting close to having braces

#2 Post by Bracedforbraces »

Hi Jay. Congratulations on you decision to (maybe) get braces :tingrin: . I was shocked on my first orthodontist visit as there are so many options these days. When I was a teenager you only ever saw the silver metal braces but now you can get clear ones, invisilign ones that are a bit like a gum shield, or even ones that are totally invisible because they are fitted to the back of your teeth!
Since getting braces I've noticed SO many other adults who have them, you develop a kind of radar haha.
Good luck with your decision :dance:

NICURN85

#3 Post by NICURN85 »

Hi and welcome!!!

Congrats on making the choice to finally get braces. I will be braced in about a month and I am going with the traditional braces. On my first visit to the ortho he went over all the options and to correct my problems traditional braces are the way to go. I would say on your first visit have a list of questions to ask the ortho as this would be a good time. I would also go to at least 2 consults since they are free. I went to 3 and they pretty much all told me the same information. The reason I chose the ortho that I will be going to is he and my general dentist have a good relationship and I know they will be able to communicate among one another through my treatment. I hope this helps. Keep us posted on your journey.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

dojo

#4 Post by dojo »

Read as much as you can and see what other members here have gone through. It's not an easy journey, but worth every minute ;)
Orthodontics patient from 2007 to 2010.
Orthodontic Braces

jay360

#5 Post by jay360 »

Thank you for the great comments. On Thursday, I will receive the referral from my dentist. I have started making a list about everything I need to ask, and will be ready to seek a couple opinions if needed. Here's to the start of the journey!