UserName Says It All

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

OldBikerBag

UserName Says It All

#1 Post by OldBikerBag »

Because that's what I am.

I'm in my mid 40's and just had the hardware installed last week. It will be nice when I finally stop biting myself and learn to say my Eshes....Esh... uhhmm.... E-s-s-es ....correctly again.

It's a good thing the words "Harley Panhead" don't have any of those infernal letters in them.

Anyway...

Cheers, y'all!

BracedSurgeryStudent

Re: UserName Says It All

#2 Post by BracedSurgeryStudent »

Mine is just as it is. I have braces. And I am going to school to become a Surgeon.
Jenn Medeiros

Realizingadream

#3 Post by Realizingadream »

Well, Biker Babe (heh), I am in the Northwet also.

I am moving very slowly into the braces club. I'm a bit older than you and will finally get braces placed on my upper arch in 2 weeks.

I don't drive a Harley but all my friends do. I'm too scared of the big bikes. I do ride a small scooter as a concession to their friendship. I took the motorcycle certification class but the day was nothing but sleet and in the mid 30's for temperature, and it was my very first time on a motorcycle (shifting and all that). I aced the written portion with 100%, but then did very poorly on the practicals and that shot down my confidence completely. We spent part of the day in a big trailer, waiting for the snow/ice/sleet to stop and clear. Most of the people in the class failed that day. It was really disappointing.

When I want, I can get a bike, and my friends will help me outfit it for my stature, but I am just not ready to do that yet. I can't decide if I will EVER want the humiliation of taking that class again, and I don't know if I will ever feel smart enough to ride a Harley. I had confidence going in, but felt really stupid at the end of the 2 day class.

How do you manage those big bikes? What do you ride?

Oh, yah, dental stuff. I got a spacer placed 2 days ago, it isn't that bad. Maybe I am lucky. My bottom arch has been braced for 4 months now, the teeth have moved along nicely.

Yes and it is raining today. What did I expect.

Real

OldBikerBag

#4 Post by OldBikerBag »

I ride a 1949 Panhead 74ci (1200 cc)

I never took one of those classes. The first bike I rode at the controls was a 1982 Yamaha Seca750. I just sat on it in the garage figuring out the gears and running through them with the engine off untill I had a fair grasp on the coordination between the hand clutch and foot shifter.

My suggestion is to get yourself a bike, at least 500cc, and practice. All you need to be legal is a permit and someone to ride with you who has a Motorcycle license. The reason I say at least 500cc is most states will give you only a limited license if you test on a smaller bike.

The secret to the big 'uns is, they are more stable and easier to control than the little 'uns. Heh..
385 Days in Damon Braces

spudly

#5 Post by spudly »

Hello

How are you getting on ?
I start mine later this month - I am 48 and my biggest fear is not being able to speak ! I am in so many meetings at work it will be a right pain if I have to keep cleaning off the spit from my desk as I talk hr after hr !

:-)