What do you miss eating?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

tmroy79

Re: What do you miss eating?

#46 Post by tmroy79 »

You can still chew gum. Just make sure its the sugar free kind. It doesn't stick. I chew it all the time. :D

smilingoutloud22

#47 Post by smilingoutloud22 »

Definitely nuts! I was nervous about peanut butter but have now figured out a way to carefully eat it. The only nuts I eat now are little pieces that come in granola bars and oatmeal. The raisin, date and walnut oatmeal has helped with cravings a little. Just miss eating nuts straight from the jar.

bethanybroccoli

#48 Post by bethanybroccoli »

The whole time I had braces I never bit into a sandwich. I always pulled it apart ad placed in my mouth. I miss eating wraps. I don't know if it was just me but I couldn't bite into stuff. I always felt like it was trying to rip my brackets off. I even was able to eat pork cracklins though. I just put them on my molars.

ShikabaneHime13

#49 Post by ShikabaneHime13 »

I'm getting braces soon and am actually looking forward to being limited on what kind of foods I can and cannot eat. Am I insane?

xanidu2012

#50 Post by xanidu2012 »

I was just reading some of the posts here. They put a smile on my face. I don't really miss too much but before I got my braces I was a huge pretzel nugget person. A bag every day and yes I got my fill before braces were put on last Tuesday. The hard part is going in the supermarket and seeing them and not buying them :( . Well the holidays should be a challenge. Break out the food processor :lol:

GillyWeed

#51 Post by GillyWeed »

I haven't had to change my eating habits at all beacuse I haven't had any pain. I'm actually kinda bummed about the whole thing cause I was looking forward to dropping a few pounds. Guess I'll have to do it the good 'ol fashioned way: will power:s.
-Gabrielle

Click here to see my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=41964

Mylene

#52 Post by Mylene »

Chips and salsa, popcorn, almonds, peanuts, granola. My teeth are so sore I can barely eat, it's been that way since my spacers were put in. All soft food and often that even hurts. My ortho gave me bite wafers to chew on to stimulate blood flow and hopefully lessen the pain, I don't think it's working so far. :roll:

The only benefit is, yes, I have lost weight and that feels really good.

1of7

#53 Post by 1of7 »

Food.

nikkibabie19

#54 Post by nikkibabie19 »

1of7 wrote:Food.
WHERE IS THE LIKE BUTTON......

I miss FOOD.I've been eating soups and mashed potatoes basically for the past 2weeks :(
Even fries are too "hard" to chew....sometimes some bread as well...sighs...

Me with elastics : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46327

FINALLY Me after braces : http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=46650
[/color]

tamelia2005

#55 Post by tamelia2005 »

Crrunchy...lol I don't care what it is...I just want crunchy!

Noni

#56 Post by Noni »

Everything !

I miss eating like normal .

Quad Helix Expander and Braces to correct unilateral posterioor crossbite (TMJ treatment ). 6 months
Braces journey : 11 months 3 weeks (from 12 march 2012 to 3 march 2013)
My Story and Progress Update

DrDevo

#57 Post by DrDevo »

Anything and everything crunchy! I had a bracket come off eating a crispy baked potato, have been eating a lot of soft foods since.

Matilda

#58 Post by Matilda »

I miss chewy candy.

SunshineRay

#59 Post by SunshineRay »

I still eat almost everything that I did before but I miss biting into things. I either tear everything apart or chop it up like its for a 2 yr old.

chichi

#60 Post by chichi »

I think the thing I miss most is also biting into things. I read an earlier post on this thread where someone said they cut up their Subway sandwich. I've been there :-+
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054