Colors for adults

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

sjeanine

Re: Colors for adults

#16 Post by sjeanine »

I am 55 yrs old and just got "pink" color for my bottom teeth! I love them and I change to dif colors depending on the season! I only have the colors put on my bottom teeth...that way I only have to show them to whoever I want to and not worry about them showing any other time since my bottom teeth dont normally show when I smile or laugh anyways....unless I'm having a big belly busting laugh or something! Lol

54 years old when braced...Dec 27, 2010
Ceramics on top and bottom teeth with metal behind canines
two teeth were pulled (top, behind canines)

buttercreme

#17 Post by buttercreme »

:-)o If you want to experiment with colors, you should. Don't allow other peoples opinons of what is age appropriate dictate your journey with your braces or in life. I went in for my second adjustment today and got black powerchains....My orthodontist isn't a fan of color at all, but the assistant took care of me...btw, I'm 37 years old, going on 38...

Bec There

#18 Post by Bec There »

I can't wait to try out some colours. Actually, I can't wait to get my braces on first! Haha. Then I'm going to try out purple and blue and pink and hell, I'll probably try them all :D

kellyb

#19 Post by kellyb »

as soon as my teeth are straightened up and the gaps are closed, i want to experiment with some colours. at the moment i don't want to draw attention to my teeth so think best to stick to the clear one.

i am wearing ceramic braces so would appreciate some advice from other people's experiences on what colour ligs would go well with them and won't stain/change colour overtime.

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

kitsune

#20 Post by kitsune »

kellyb wrote:as soon as my teeth are straightened up and the gaps are closed, i want to experiment with some colours. at the moment i don't want to draw attention to my teeth so think best to stick to the clear one.

i am wearing ceramic braces so would appreciate some advice from other people's experiences on what colour ligs would go well with them and won't stain/change colour overtime.
I've been wearing colored ligs on my ceramic uppers/metal lowers for a little over 6 months now...you can check out my story for the colors I've tried so far (I do tend to stay in the girly spectrum though :wink:).

If you want something that doesn't immediately stand out but is still colorful, I'd recommend a light pink. If you would prefer what I feel is universally flattering on teeth, try baby blue. And if you want something brighter without being too in-your-face, I would go with a turquoise color. Once you've mastered these, then you could always try reds or greens. Those really stand out to me!

kellyb

#21 Post by kellyb »

Thanks kitsune,i will hv a look at urs :)

In braces 07/01/2012 - 29/06/2013

bethanybroccoli

#22 Post by bethanybroccoli »

I think you can go any color you want. I don't think there is or should be any rule saying if you are an adult you have to go with boring silver. When I had my braces I always wore colors. My favorite was the dark jelly green color.

gramma2xander

#23 Post by gramma2xander »

Finally got the nerve to try colors,went with dark purple,I really like it.Now my 4 year old grandson wants to pick colors.He says light blue on top and pink on bottem, so I guess that will be next. :HugeGrin:

reallybusybeingdead

#24 Post by reallybusybeingdead »

Creativity is the name of the game, no matter how old you are :3

Although saying that I did get a few odd looks when I had pink ligatures... probably because I'm a 23 year old bearded chap. I then went a tad more 'conservative' and had alternating blue and orange as an homage to Portal. Currently sporting black and white!

ShikabaneHime13

#25 Post by ShikabaneHime13 »

I'm in the process of preparing for braces (I'm 23) and will be having a treatment discussion with the orthodontist this upcoming Wednesday (we already talked about a full set of metal braces during the initial consultation back in the beginning of April, so he just wants to go over the treatment details with my guardian). But I know I definitely want to start out with all black bands. Just not sure what colors I'd like to switch up to after that...

xanidu2012

#26 Post by xanidu2012 »

Hello everyone. I've had braces for a week now. When I went for initial consult I was asked about what colors I would like to wear. I too thought I'm too old (50) to be acting like the younger generation :D but once I got braces on and put on the lavender I liked my braces. Looking forward to picking out next set of.colors :D . My kids say I look cool. 8)

Xoph012

#27 Post by Xoph012 »

you only live once have fun go seasonal too thats what i'm gonna do when i get mine soon :D

NICURN85

#28 Post by NICURN85 »

Right now I am doing an Aqua color! I am going to be playing with colors like I am a kid.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Bostin

#29 Post by Bostin »

I am male 41 and always get fun colors to make the experience more enjoyable!!

debinator

#30 Post by debinator »

wondering how a rainbow would look....