Hello new Brace World!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Xoph012

Hello new Brace World!

#1 Post by Xoph012 »

Hi my names Sophie and i've just come back from the orthodontist, my first appointment and my first step to a healthy straighter smile.
I'm 20 years old and i'm from England, theres a little about me, i'm a musician and I love to play golf.

Ok about the consultation, I still have a baby canine tooth turns out the adult tooth is impacted so what the ortho talked about to me is that their going to remove the baby tooth and put a brace on with spacers (I think thats what their called anyway!) their going to put on ceramic braces I think but he has given me the option between metal too (help me decided please :) ) and they'll put metal braces on the bottom but much later so the teeth can finish at the same time.
Their going to give my tooth 9 months to drop if it doesn't then they're going to try and pull it but fingers crossed it works the tooth placement is about in this position '/' so thank god its not like '-'. He also said if worse comes to the worst if i'm the 1% then there might be a chance the tooth wont want to play o_0 fingers crossed all the stuff works and if the worst does happen then i'd have to have a crown or bridge or implant but hopefully that wont happen. So anyway thats my story.

My next appointment (including molds and such) will be 5th of September so not to long.

My treatment is predicted to be 2 1/2 to 3/12 so longish I donno but if that tooth comes in quickly then it might be a little quicker.

NICURN85

Re: Hello new Brace World!

#2 Post by NICURN85 »

Hello Sophie and welcome to the brace world!! :-)o It is great that you have started your journey towards getting braces. This board is very helpful and you will meet a lot of great people on here to help you through your journey. I actually am one week in and I get my wires and bands tomorrow. For the past week I have been living with spacers and brackets! I actually have the traditional metal braces on top and bottom. Once again welcome and please keep us updated on your progress!
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Xoph012

#3 Post by Xoph012 »

ooo what are spacers like do they hurt? i'm not sure if i'm getting them still new to this all he said he was going to open a space so that might mean spacers

NICURN85

#4 Post by NICURN85 »

Hey Sophie!!

Well, most people say that spacers hurt, but at first I had 8 in and I had not pain at all from them! Today when I went the spacers had not made enough room for the bands on the bottom, so this time I have 4 new ones on the bottom. They are used to make space for your band to fit. So, I guess everyone experience is different so you may or may not feel any pain. If you want to see how they look you can click on my link and I have pics up in the Our Braces Story. I have a pic of the ones I had in last week and the ones they put in this week so you can get an idea of how they look.
~KIMMIE

Click here to view my story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=42578

Xoph012

#5 Post by Xoph012 »

ooo i'll have a look right now thank you , and thank you for making me feel so welcome on this site :)