Introduction-braces at 21

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Braced engineer

Introduction-braces at 21

#1 Post by Braced engineer »

After about a year of thinking about it, I've finally decided to go ahead with orthodontic treatment. Had my separators placed today and am looking forward to beginning my 18-24 months of braces next Friday (Nov. 9). Should be an interesting 'adventure'!

nancy13000

Re: Introduction-braces at 21

#2 Post by nancy13000 »

Wow I'm 22 and I get mine on the 12th, I'm getting my 4 exctractions after thanksgiving though becasue I want to be able to eat a delicious dinner. Good luck with your braces. How's the spacers feel, idk if I'm going to need them too. I'm too excited.

Braced engineer

#3 Post by Braced engineer »

Good luck with your extractions. Luckily, it appears that I will avoid that step. As for the spacers, they aren't too bad. More annoying than anything.

I'm glad I found this forum. It's nice to see that there are others in their early 20's just beginning their time in braces.

nancy13000

#4 Post by nancy13000 »

Yeah I love this forum, it's pretty cool. Yay next monday is the big day!

Braced engineer

#5 Post by Braced engineer »

Tomorrow is the big day! Really excited to get things started

nancy13000

#6 Post by nancy13000 »

Good luck! Hope it doesn't hurt. Let me know how it goes

Braced engineer

#7 Post by Braced engineer »

Well, they are on. I just have the top arch for now and will get the bottom ones in a few weeks. They just feel really weird right now- my lips can barely fit around them. No pain yet, my ortho said that I could be a bit sore in a day or two.

nancy13000

#8 Post by nancy13000 »

Ah I got mine on yesterday and they hurt pretty bad. Hope it goes away so I can eat something solid. I tried eating a brownie but could aonly get through half of it.

Braced engineer

#9 Post by Braced engineer »

Don't worry, things get better much quickly. Mine hurt pretty bad the second day, but now they don't really bother me at all!

nancy13000

#10 Post by nancy13000 »

You're so lucky, with mine it keeps cutting up my lips and cheeks. I keep telling myself hang in there in a few days it'll go away. The wax helps a little though but I don't want to baby it I want to toughen up my skin so it's used to it. I jokingly said it feels like you're eating with barbed wire on your teeth. Funny but true :(

MissMiataaa

#11 Post by MissMiataaa »

How are you liking them so far? And when will you get the bottoms?

Braced engineer

#12 Post by Braced engineer »

So far, so good. I went with all metal braces and have been surprised on how little they hurt or are cutting up my lips. I had one sharp spot I used wax on for a few days, but haven't needed any for a while now. Spacers were by far much worse! I get the bottom ones on November 30.

Braced engineer

#13 Post by Braced engineer »

Wow, it has been a while since I have been on here. Everything is going well so far. Can't believe I have had upper braces for almost 2 months already! I did not end up getting my lowers as planned on Nov. 30 as planned because movement wasn't as good as my ortho expected. The new plan is for next Thursday so hopefully everything will go as expected this time.

Zoie51

#14 Post by Zoie51 »

I gave myself braces for my 60th birthday, and I am afraid of the dentist! If I can do it anyone can! I wore them for 15 months and just got them off three weeks ago. changed my whole face appearance!