Fully wired (ceramics and appliance)

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SparklyMouth

Fully wired (ceramics and appliance)

#1 Post by SparklyMouth »

I've had my ceramics for about 6 weeks. Today I am fully loaded! I got my brackets and appliance. First, let me say that I was prepared. I saw photos of what it would look like. I did not know it would feel like my tongue was in jail! Yikes! I was a thumbsucker as a kid and a life-long lisper. I even did speech therapy as a kid. Today I feel sorry for my tongue. It misses the backs of my top teeth :-((
The ortho said the tongue will be on lock down for 3-6 months. I'm going to focus so I can be free in 3. Eating is no small feat. I wonder if it's any coincidence that a soup place is doors away from the ortho? I think not!
Thanks to this site, I see others have had similar appliance and learned to deal with the "funny talk" and becoming accustomed to the appliance. Thank goodness!

The other day my 8 year old daughter said I sound like Daffy Duck. Today she'll probably say I sound like Donald Duck.

Well, the ortho said to give it a few days and it'll be better. I'm going to report back shoon. I have a fee'ing zhish zing is gonna be a hoot!!

settlers

Re: Fully wired (ceramics and appliance)

#2 Post by settlers »

good luck !