The longest you've gone without eating:

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mcvicker

The longest you've gone without eating:

#1 Post by mcvicker »

I'm just wondering how many of you are like me and occassionally go without eating for a period simply because it makes brushing easier and faster since there's no picking at stuff involved. I've gone two days, who's gone longer?
Starting date: Aug 12, 2004
Completion date: July 2007.
Assessment: Best thing I've done for myself so far.
Dr: Bert Kelling

brace_face_nessi

#2 Post by brace_face_nessi »

no way, i'd rather eat and brush!

Aradia252

#3 Post by Aradia252 »

I once went three days without eating, but it was a few years back - before the braces.

Ceramics on top: 6/23/05
Lower Expander: 9/8/05, Removed: 3/30/06
Ceramics on bottom: 10/7/05

MadeIn1984

#4 Post by MadeIn1984 »

3 hours. I love my food, yes. *nod* :P
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

Dodger(UK)

#5 Post by Dodger(UK) »

I think you can sometimes be ill where you don't eat that much if anything at all for a few days... but in a full picture of healthiness <<is that a word??? :? I have only gone about 36 hours or so without any food.

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#6 Post by nahky »

i love my food and would not make a consious decision not to eat if i had the option

the longest i have gone was for the 40-hour famine for charity.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

vanilla

#7 Post by vanilla »

Isn't it a bit dangerous to not eat for 3 days?! There's "live to eat" people and "eat to live" people. I fall in the latter group but I get weak, cranky and shaky after about 15hrs of not eating anything. And brushing has never been a deterrent from eating.
Ceramic + metal since 31/03/05

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

I do know that I would rather skip the late night snack after brushing and flossing my teeth because I don't want to do it again. But then again, sometimes I just say "what the heck, go for it." :twisted: :twisted:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

CelestialVoices

#9 Post by CelestialVoices »

nahky wrote:i love my food and would not make a consious decision not to eat if i had the option

the longest i have gone was for the 40-hour famine for charity.
I've done a 30 hour famine with my church at college, and man was that hard! I don't have my braces yet, but September will be here before I know it and I will be going to my ortho consult.

Trixxcuit

#10 Post by Trixxcuit »

Longest I've gone was 30 hours for 30 hour famin a couple of time but that was before braces.

With my braces I also would rather pick to skip a night snack than do the cleaning process all over again. Before braces I use to eat and eat, but now I just feel it isn't worth the trouble. So from supper until like lunch is the longest I go now.

SugarHiccup

#11 Post by SugarHiccup »

Not going to post the longest I've gone without eating, because im eating disordered and not eating is a regular thing; however (on topic) I've noticed since being braced, when I do choose to eat it's usually really simple food - mashed potato, soups, etc so that I dont have to bother with picking too much food out.
[[ Alex: Thank you, you've offered a provocative theory. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors. ]]

bracefaceat34

#12 Post by bracefaceat34 »

Dodger(UK) wrote:... but in a full picture of healthiness <<is that a word??? :?
Pretty sure that's a word...

On Topic...I have really been eating/drinking only when necessary. I added the drinking in because I have been drinking smoothies and soy protien shakes because I can't chew. I have been able to get some mac & cheese in but it all goes down whole.

I have a 3.5 y.o. and a 5 month old - brushing more than a few times a day does not really fit into my schedule so that also sort of prohibits a lot of snacking and such. So, like I mentioned, I eat when I need to and clean up and find myself hungry quite a bit. :oZ

kayla4644

#13 Post by kayla4644 »

ive gone two weeks
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.

mcvicker

#14 Post by mcvicker »

The trophy goes out to kayla then :) though you may just be fooling around. It seems possible to only drink things and not eat and still be healthier than the average person, just personally I can't do it since I need my starches whole. I've tried rice milk at the local mexican restaraunt and it really doesn't do much for me.
Well, after being braced for over a year now i'm pretty good with not letting food get stuck anywhere but I do find that lamb is the meat that gets stuck most of all.
Starting date: Aug 12, 2004
Completion date: July 2007.
Assessment: Best thing I've done for myself so far.
Dr: Bert Kelling

kayla4644

#15 Post by kayla4644 »

u know i wish i was just kidding around about that...my friend and I do fasts to see who can lose the most weight im trying to get over that seeing as im like 100 and 5'10...its awful..but i do like winning hahaha
Always listen to your heart, cause even though it's on your left, it's always right.