The pre-braces part is killing me!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ewwmagnet

The pre-braces part is killing me!

#1 Post by ewwmagnet »

Hello!
I'm really excited about this message board and wanted to share my pain -cough- story.

The orthodontist put in the spacers yesterday morning all 8 of them (4 on top 4 on the bottom) and for some reason whenever I sleep is when the pain seems to come and it's like 100x worse then when I'm awake. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about? I'm freaking out (to the point that I looked up dental spacers and it brought me here)!

JN_Woods

Painful spacers

#2 Post by JN_Woods »

Hey, I know exactly what you mean. I had my spacers put in on Wed and they hurt way more in the morning. I guess that's because my Advil has worn off overnight (or maybe I'm grinding my teeth). Are your teeth really crowded near the spacers. Mine are and the ortho said that it usually hurts worse for people with really crowded teeth. Yesterday morning they hurt a lot more than they did this morning, so hopefully yours won't be as bad tomorrow. The spacers are basically moving your teeth so that is why you're having pain. I've been told that this is the worst part of the entire braces process. Good luck!

Jen

Upper Braces & Both Expanders 9/14/05
Lower Braces 1/5/06
Estimated Treatment Time: 24-27 months

SugarHiccup

#3 Post by SugarHiccup »

Spacers hurt ... but unfortunatly it's just the start of a long painful process.

Pain killers will become your friend, but you will learn how to dose yourself so you don't wake up in agony each morning.
[[ Alex: Thank you, you've offered a provocative theory. What it lacks in substance, it makes up for in pretty colors. ]]

**shinyhappybraceface**

#4 Post by **shinyhappybraceface** »

Hey Jen -

We have the same brace date!

:D
The future is no place to place your better days. ~DMB

dark_angel475

#5 Post by dark_angel475 »

I have braces and three spacers in the bottom still. the spacers are by far the worst of it so far!

It's horrible :soremouth:
[/url]

gracie381

#6 Post by gracie381 »

I had the metal spacers, and my teeth are really crowded. They hurt pretty bad, and I couldn't eat hardly anything! I just got the spacers out and have my top molars with bands around them and a wire connecting through the roof of my mouth. This doesn't hurt at all except a little when I try to eat, but I can actually eat. My braces go on 10-13 after my extractions which will be on 10-4. It does get better! At least so far it has been better for me!! Good luck
TEETH IN THE BEGINNING (OCT. '05)
TEETH NOW (Oct. 28, 2007)
Braced (uppers & lowers): 2 Years
Retainer Check: 1-18-08

Spooky

#7 Post by Spooky »

Spacers are the worst part of it. I had 8 of them put on, rubber ones. They were so painful. Didn't think such small items can do so much damage! Although they were put on the back teeth, the spacers put a lot of pressure on my front teeth. My back teeth began to hurt and I couldn't chew on anything. By the third day, I so much wanted to floss them out!

I was lucky because I only had spacers for 3 days. I was able to get appointments within the same week so I minimized the time I had to have them on!

Don't worry, once they come off, you will feel a lot better!
Check out my journey :

http://janniesjourney.blogspot.com/
----------------
Braces on: Sept 16. 2005
Braces off: Dec 3, 2007
Upper/Lower Jaw Surgery on: Dec 1, 2006

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#8 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

When I had spacers they didnt hurt at all.
I only had two plastic's way in the back for a week
and I swallowed one :lol:
Braced Sept-27-05

ChuckMase

Re: The pre-braces part is killing me!

#9 Post by ChuckMase »

My teeth are really crowded as well. I took 2 500MG pain killers for the first 3 days and was alright. ALWAYS take some pain killers before you go to sleep as well or you'll feel the pain the morning. I got my braces on and believe me this is the worst part of the whole process. After the first week, Braces are not bad at al.. You'll begin to forget their in your mouth.

Pain is a sign of weakness leaving the body.