Positive side effects of braces?

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

MaryLiz75

Positive side effects of braces?

#1 Post by MaryLiz75 »

Hello. I discovered a positive side effect of my braces, and I am actually a little sad that when they come off, this will go too. My bottom lip has always been much larger than my top. For once, both of my lips look to be the same size, and the pouty mouth makes me look younger. So when people ask why I did it, I tell them it was a choice between Botox and braces to look younger. :D

So, besides straighter teeth, have y'all noticed any positive side effects to having braces?

Lolasays

Re: Positive side effects of braces?

#2 Post by Lolasays »

No more lip incompetece, no lip strain, better bite.

psily

#3 Post by psily »

I had the same thin upper lip problem like you. Ever since I got braces two months ago, my lips are even now and it seriously looks like I've had lip injections done! I love my fuller lips too :)
30 years old
Top braces on: 5/17/2013
Bottom braces on: 10/15/2013
Treatment time: 18 months
Debrace date: 11/28/2014!

TMJJill

#4 Post by TMJJill »

I agree with the upper lip thing. Mine has been much fuller looking with the braces.

My face is more symmetrical. I hadn't even realized how asymmetrical it had become.

I know the manufacturer of my braces market them to adults as a 'bracelift' to make you look younger. That isn't why I got my braces, but if it is an actual benefit when I get them off, I'll be happy. :) I'll know in a couple months.

Braces as Phase II treatment for TMJD.
Lower mandibular repositioning splint 26 months.
Lower braces on 10.75 months into Phase II treatment.
Duration in braces: 2 years, 2 weeks, 5 days
Removal of Braces: September 18, 2013

TMJD treatment now complete!

Smiley1

#5 Post by Smiley1 »

MaryLiz75 wrote:Hello. I discovered a positive side effect of my braces, and I am actually a little sad that when they come off, this will go too. My bottom lip has always been much larger than my top. For once, both of my lips look to be the same size, and the pouty mouth makes me look younger. So when people ask why I did it, I tell them it was a choice between Botox and braces to look younger. :D

So, besides straighter teeth, have y'all noticed any positive side effects to having braces?
Haha this is funny because this past weekend as I was getting ready to go out dancing I looked in the mirror and noticed that my upper lip looked longer than usual to my lower lip. I only have top braces for now and my lips are already pretty full even without braces so I thought this made me look a little funny but hopefully once I get the bottom braces on, my lips will even out.

Funny how we always want the opposite of what we have. I have full lips but would rather have thin lips and it seems some people with thin lips would like them fuller. Trade ya?

tangledgurl

#6 Post by tangledgurl »

Aw, I haven't seen the benefit of plumper lips. :(
It's funny though because my dentist just posted a blog on her website about the health benefits of getting braces. It goes further than just cosmetic! It was an interesting read, and can help you feel better about your decision, even if you don't get other cosmetic benefits like plumper lips (like me) lol Here is her blog: http://www.glenwoodsmiles.com/blog/5-be ... ight-teeth