New Member!!!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Alee

New Member!!!

#1 Post by Alee »

Hello everyone, my name is Amanda. I'm 32 years young, I have 4 little girls, and a wonderful husband. I got my top braces on May 14, 2013, I didn't give it much thought after the consult, I just wanted to do it quickly before the car broke down, or the water bill came, lol and I was broke! I had wanted braces for so long, but just thought it was one of those things you always say your going to do, but never actually do. My consult was free and all I had to pay upfront was 249.00, w/ a monthly payment of 149.00, thankfully my husband said we could manage! I'm sentenced to 18-24 months. Getting my tops wasn't so bad, I lost a little weight in those first few weeks, so that was a plus! Next I got my spacers, even they weren't that bad, and about a month ago I got my back bottom braces. I go this Thursday to get the rest of my bottoms, and my top backs put on, then I will be a complete metal mouth! I always envied kids growing up who had braces, but now that I have them I realize you don't just wear them, you have to clean, and maintain, and floss a hundred times a day! I never thought about how it would actually feel to wear them, and to deal with them. I thought the hard part was paying for them!!! Well I will tell my brace story sometime soon, when my children aren't flooding the bathing! Thank you for reading!
:heart:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tobilei

Re: New Member!!!

#2 Post by Tobilei »

Hi! Welcome to the board :) Wow, I thought I had my hands full with 3 girls! Glad you're all settled in to having your braces, but I agree, who knew just how much work was behind having those things attached there 24 hours a day!?!?

Alee

#3 Post by Alee »

I meant to stop at 3, but oops!!! I wouldn't trade them for anything though! Mine are 12, 6, 4 and almost 2, how old are your girls? Sometimes I feel like i'm running a zoo! And yeah, i never thought about what a pain braces may be! I got a big surprise one day one, I could barely close my mouth! Thank you, I have adjusted well.

anedia

#4 Post by anedia »

Hi Amanda! I'm brand new to the board and new to the braces world. I get my braces Sept 3rd. I'm super excited and anxious. Thanks for posting, I've been reading everything I can about this process.

Alee

#5 Post by Alee »

I got my bottom braces yesterday! It was not so bad, whatever that sour stuff is they put on your teeth, that really sucked! The dental tech ask me what grade I was in! I laughed and told her I was 32 with 4 kids! That was deff the highlight for me :tingrin:

Alee

#6 Post by Alee »

anedia wrote:Hi Amanda! I'm brand new to the board and new to the braces world. I get my braces Sept 3rd. I'm super excited and anxious. Thanks for posting, I've been reading everything I can about this process.

Your welcome! Congrats on getting your braces! Good luck to you!

Tobilei

#7 Post by Tobilei »

Alee wrote:I meant to stop at 3, but oops!!! I wouldn't trade them for anything though! Mine are 12, 6, 4 and almost 2, how old are your girls? Sometimes I feel like i'm running a zoo! And yeah, i never thought about what a pain braces may be! I got a big surprise one day one, I could barely close my mouth! Thank you, I have adjusted well.
Haha, I meant to stop at 2 but got a bonus one the 2nd time around (wouldn't hand them back either-well 99% of the time anyway :P). My eldest just turned 14 and my twins are 10, turning 11 in October. And I hear you! I often feel like I have a zoo (especially when we had the 3 girls, 2 cats, a turtle and about 15 fish! Down to just the kids at the moment :( ). Glad you're adjusting :) I was horrified for at least the first 3 months!

Jabbajaws01

#8 Post by Jabbajaws01 »

Hi Amanda, welcome. I too am a newbie at 28yo with a 2yr old terror of a son.

Glad to hear that your journey is just beginning like me. This board is so helpful for both us newbies to learn from those who have been at it awhile. The support and communal commiserations is fantastic!
Toni aka "Jabbajaws"

Alee

#9 Post by Alee »

Jabbajaws01 wrote:Hi Amanda, welcome. I too am a newbie at 28yo with a 2yr old terror of a son.

Glad to hear that your journey is just beginning like me. This board is so helpful for both us newbies to learn from those who have been at it awhile. The support and communal commiserations is fantastic!

Hello! my oldest was a terror at that age too, she just turned 12, and sometimes she still acts like a terrible 2 yr old! my youngest will be 2 in a month, and she is a destructive little thing!

This board is helpful, i just happened to run across it while browsing for adult braces stories. Glad i did! Good luck to you and congrats!

Alee

#10 Post by Alee »

Tobilei wrote:
Alee wrote:I meant to stop at 3, but oops!!! I wouldn't trade them for anything though! Mine are 12, 6, 4 and almost 2, how old are your girls? Sometimes I feel like i'm running a zoo! And yeah, i never thought about what a pain braces may be! I got a big surprise one day one, I could barely close my mouth! Thank you, I have adjusted well.
Haha, I meant to stop at 2 but got a bonus one the 2nd time around (wouldn't hand them back either-well 99% of the time anyway :P). My eldest just turned 14 and my twins are 10, turning 11 in October. And I hear you! I often feel like I have a zoo (especially when we had the 3 girls, 2 cats, a turtle and about 15 fish! Down to just the kids at the moment :( ). Glad you're adjusting :) I was horrified for at least the first 3 months!

Hi again! I agree with you, 99 % of the time!!! If you count my hubby, 5 kids, lol. and we have 1 cat. My husband wants a puppy, but i said not until all babies are fully potty trained, 3 down, 1 to go!!! twins are so cool, at least from the outside looking in! It hasnt been so bad with the braces, but i have had a little more pain with my bottoms, and the glue is stuck between my teeth, and has a horrible taste! hoping it breaks down soon.

Lolasays

#11 Post by Lolasays »

Welcome to the board! I am also new on here.

Alee

#12 Post by Alee »

Lolasays wrote:Welcome to the board! I am also new on here.
Thank you, and the same to you!

SunshineRay

#13 Post by SunshineRay »

I have 3 girls and holy hormones. The tween/teen years are starting and should prove to be fun.
I couldnt see your pics for some reason.

Alee

#14 Post by Alee »

SunshineRay wrote:I have 3 girls and holy hormones. The tween/teen years are starting and should prove to be fun.
I couldnt see your pics for some reason.
How old are your girls? My oldest just turned 12, and I may go crazy! The other 3 are all still young, 6,4 and 2, but when they hit their teen yrs I don't know how I'm going to survive! I had 3 sisters growing up and some days, it was like a war zone in my house. Idk why you couldn't see the pics, I have to shrink the resolution a lot just.to upload them,.maybe that's why?