About to get Fast Braces

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

New smile

About to get Fast Braces

#1 Post by New smile »

Am just back from the dentist having signed up for Fast Braces to straighten my front teeth. This is something I have been considering for a long time and looked into the various options. I liked the idea of Invisalign but too expensive for me. I'm going for the clear option Fast Braces which is more expensive but I really don't think I could cope with the metal. As it is I am quite nervous of wearing a brace. As a female in my 40s I wonder what the reaction will be. Any thoughts and advice would be appreciated. Thanks x

kids041

Re: About to get Fast Braces

#2 Post by kids041 »

I am about to turn 44 on Wed, and I have full metal braces top and bottom. I have not heard one single negative thing from anyone about my braces, or the fact that I even HAVE braces. I think that it is mostly in how YOU feel about them. I personally LOVE the fact that I have them and that I know I am doing something for myself. I am having fun with them by having colored ligs. I am embracing the braces... Hahaha! :flowerbloom:

JeniK

#3 Post by JeniK »

Happy Birthday Kids041!!! Have the best day on Wednesday!!!

kids041

#4 Post by kids041 »

JeniK wrote:Happy Birthday Kids041!!! Have the best day on Wednesday!!!
Thank You!!! :-* :-*

New smile

#5 Post by New smile »

Happy birthday to you. Thanks for your comments. It does feel good to be doing something for myself. The expense will surely be worth it for the increase in confidence once my treatment is complete :D

shiningnebula

#6 Post by shiningnebula »

Good luck with your braces. I'm 31 and I wanted braces for so long and finally took the plunge 5 weeks ago. I was worried about what other people would think but I was so surprised that my work mates would actually pull me aside to discuss them because they too were seriously thinking about having it done. 3 people are watching me closely to see how I get on :P

upthemillers

#7 Post by upthemillers »

Hello I'm 43 getting fastbraces fitted next week so your not alone ! Sam x

Dana6

#8 Post by Dana6 »

I'm 49 and have my evaluation on Monday. I am not looking forward to having braces at this age at all. Turning 50 is going to be hard enough! I've never heard of fastbraces. What exactly are they?

aspence5

#9 Post by aspence5 »

Hi. 44 year old female , day 3 of Fastbraces on my top teeth. All ok so far with the exception of a little discomfort when eating.

New smile

#10 Post by New smile »

Three months in now and all good. The difference already in my teeth is amazing. I'm so pleased with the progress. The white on the wires only lasted about a month as I have brushed the paint off. Having a brace has made me a bit obsessive about brushing. I had thought this would be a lot more traumatic but in a weird way it's been good. I'm doing something positive for myself and I think I might have inspired a few others I know to do the same. :D

KMC

#11 Post by KMC »

Hi new smile
Just wondered how you're getting on with Fastbraces? Do you know what type of retainer you will get when they're off?
Kelly
The decision: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... 13&t=47045
Braces on: 24th June 2014
Estimated sentence: 12-18th months

New smile

#12 Post by New smile »

Hi KMC
I'm getting on fine with Fastbraces. Not long to go now and I'm so pleased with the difference they've made to my teeth. I'm having a fixed retainer fitted. Don't know if there are different types. Will also be getting my teeth whitened so really looking forward to the final result. I thought I'd be hiding out at home for the months I was wearing a brace but I hardly think about it now. Had a job interview and started a new job without the brace affecting my confidence. Quite a bit of interest from others who are also thinking of doing the same. I guess it's never too late.

KMC

#13 Post by KMC »

Thanks New smile
So pleased braces have worked out for you. Have you got a date when they're coming off yet? I'm also in my 40's and have a couple of consults booked for next week, really excited as I've wanted to do something about my teeth for ages but need it to be within my price range.
Have you got any pictures you can post?
Kelly

New smile

#14 Post by New smile »

Hi KMC

Sorry for the delay in replying. Just started a new job and have been really busy. Went for the interview wearing braces and that didn't impact at all on my confidence. I have to say though that I'm looking forward to the end of the process. One tooth just has to move a tiny bit to close a gap and I'm done. Will try to post before and after pics. I hope all is well with you on your journey to a better smile. :D

KMC

#15 Post by KMC »

Congratulations on the new job - and it's good to hear that it wasn't an issue going for an interview in braces, I may need to do that soon.
I get my braces on next Tuesday - I'm really excited.
Hope that last tooth moves quickly for you :D
Kelly