Countdown to brace day!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fidget77

Countdown to brace day!

#1 Post by Fidget77 »

T-4 days till I get braced. I've spent a bit of time over the past week or so reading stories about everyone's adventures with braces. I am 36 and finally got the courage (and insurance) to go ahead with braces. I had a consult back in high school, but it just never progressed further than the molds. According tot the ortho, I have minor crowding on top, a bit worse on the bottom, and a 3mm overjet. I will have ceramic braces on top and metal on the bottom. Treatment time is estimated at 15-18 months. :tingrin:

chichi

Re: Countdown to brace day!

#2 Post by chichi »

Welcome and congrats on setting a date!

Based on the 15-18 month estimate, sounds like you'll be in Damons or some other self-ligating bracket?
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Fidget77

#3 Post by Fidget77 »

Yes, I was told they will be self ligating.. But not sure of the brand yet. T-3 days!!!

Fidget77

#4 Post by Fidget77 »

Reading through my handouts last night and found out that they use Empower self-ligating braces. Anyone else here have them?

T-2 days now !!!!

Cenazdollx3

#5 Post by Cenazdollx3 »

Hey congrats!
I'm getting ceramic braces on top and bottom in 3 days! Excited and nervous at the same time.. They said my treatment will take about 24 months.
I'm not sure if mine is gonna be self ligating or with elastic ties.

Fidget77

#6 Post by Fidget77 »

These are my before pics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

chichi

#7 Post by chichi »

Fidget77 wrote:Reading through my handouts last night and found out that they use Empower self-ligating braces. Anyone else here have them?

T-2 days now !!!!
No Empower here... I have Damons and love them (as much as I can love braces, anyway). The adjustments are quick and easy since they just open the doors, take out the wire, put a new wire in, and close the doors... no messing with ligs :) My adjustments have also been 8 weeks apart because there are no ligs that need replacing. They stretch out and lose their elasticity over time so they need to be replaced often. The benefit of this is that I've gotten something new at every adjustment - wires, elastics. You'll see that the traditional braces-wearers often go in just for a lig change where nothing else is done... I think that would frustrate me lol
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Fidget77

#8 Post by Fidget77 »

It's official. I'm a bracketeer. So far, so good, I can feel a bit of tension and I have bumpers to prevent me from biting all the way down and hitting the bottom brackets. Let the journey begin!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

metalmomma

#9 Post by metalmomma »

Congrats! I'm counting down days till my braces go on also... 5 days to go!

Fidget77

#10 Post by Fidget77 »

Braced for 4 days now. I finally had some "solid" food. I baked a frittata for dinner, essentially scrambled eggs. It was still tough to eat, I have to chew with my very back molars (no brackets there) and only on the right side as the left is still too sensitive for any pressure. I had to put some wax on the bottom front bracket on day 2 as it was scratching inside my lower lip and by day 3 it had healed up enough to not require any wax. Today the wax went on the top.. Both left and right incisors as they are rubbing against the corners of my lips..ouch. Thankfully, the overall achy jaw tenderness seems to have dissipated. So far, so good..