Introduction!

Introduce yourself, say a few words, show us your website, etc. Include detailed personal information at your own risk. This board takes no responsibility for contact that results from you posting your personal information. Fetish postings, and detailed information regarding readers under age 18 will be removed promptly.

Moderator: bbsadmin

JACO

Introduction!

#1 Post by JACO »

I finally decided to sign up and set a date for an orthodontic consultation. I am a 25 year old male who had braces in high school. After they were removed, I experienced a late growth spurt and my lower jaw grew considerably. I went from having an overbite at 15, to a perfect bite at 17 when my braces were removed, to a under bite (edge to edge) today. My previous orthodontist tried to fix my bite without braces, but it was to no avail.

After experiencing increased jaw pain over the past couple years, constant prodding from my dentist, and worries about tooth wear/damage (I live an active lifestyle), I've finally decided to have a consultation and see what can be done. I am admittedly wary about having braces as a young professional with a very public position. However I am heading back to graduate school and feel this may be the right time to take care of it.

Viewing this forum has already helped allay some of my fears about having braces as an adult. Thank you! I'll keep y'all updated after my consultation in a couple of weeks.

chichi

Re: Introduction!

#2 Post by chichi »

Welcome and congrats on making the decision to go for a consultation! Keep us updated on how things are going :)
Had Damons (ceramic upper, metal lower) from June 27, 2013 - January 20, 2015
15-18 month sentence, official time in braces was 18 months, 3 weeks, 3 days
My Story: http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtop ... =9&t=45054

Pandac

#3 Post by Pandac »

Keep us posted...I am starting this journey too so will look out for your progress!

JACO

#4 Post by JACO »

Thanks! The consultation has been pushed back due to work, but I now will be having a few consultations at the end of the month.

Reading posts on here has been so helpful. Most of my apprehensions about being an adult in braces have gone away...I'm just ready to fix this problem and have healthy teeth for the long haul. :D

saraapril6907

#5 Post by saraapril6907 »

congrats! I just had upper braces put on 8 days ago. Good luck with your journey!

Matilda

#6 Post by Matilda »

Welcome to the community and best of luck on your journey.